What's your weird quirk? - page 8
by Florence NightinFAIL 10,562 Views | 72 Comments
I don't know if other people do this - but EVERY single time I have to give a subq/IM shot - i try about 4-5 times (point get, get close, withdraw without touching the skin) before I inject. If I don't do that - I get very... Read More
- 0Feb 9, '12 by Flaremy hospital job is in administation now so i don't get too much hands on... but i'm not above helping my nurses if they need it when i float on by... one thing i can't stand is a messy tray table. I have even stopped unsolicited into a patient's room because their tray was full of trash and disarrayed papers and half drank soda cans
- 1Feb 9, '12 by bagladyrn GuideI'm compulsive about being early. If I run in to work at the minute the shift starts I feel out of sorts for the whole first hour, even if not busy.
If I have to perform a painful procedure on a newborn I feel like I must pick them up and give them a cuddle afterwards - don't know if it helps them but it makes me feel better.
- 2Feb 10, '12 by kool-aide, RNThis is the perfect thread for me, I'm super strange:
1. I must untangle the dynamap before I start taking v/s.
2. I must clean the dynamap with sani-wipes before I start v/s.
3 I must clean the dynamap after it was used on a pt in isolation.
4. I must erase the white board in each of my pt's rooms and write the date, my name and title, and the nurses name in title in the color of ink of my pen, and in my handwriting. So, if the date and names are already up there, I'll erase the whole board and start over.
5. I must have all my "nursing gear" in specific pockets on my scrubs.
6. I must have all isolation carts in my hall stocked with gowns and gloves and free of trash and unneeded debris.
7. I must drain all urine out of the foley tubing before I empty it, which proves to be difficult sometimes. lol
8. I must carry white-out tape with me in my top scrub pocket so if I make a mistake on my clipboard when getting report or recording something, I can immediately fix it.
9. I must stock the blanket warmer for the next shift.
10. I must clean and stock the unit kitchen for the next shift.
11. I must replace the EKG paper in the printers for the next shift.
12. I must clean the pt's tray table and remove garbage and the thousands of med cups that litter it.
Can't think of any more for now, but I'm sure there ARE many more… LOL
Man, I have issues. lol