Long Term GoalsRegister Today!
- by ali_gator Jan 12, '06Nurses have more career options now than ever before. Today, many nurses work in areas such as health policy, academics, etc. I think it would be fun to discuss our long term goals; I plan to go to begin as a BSN, and then get my PhD and work in health policy. What are your goals? Do you plan to stay in bedside nursing? Do you plan to become an academic? Or do you want to become a NP? Please share your ideas with me. Thank you!
- 14,237 Views
- Jan 12, '06 by traumaRUsGood thread. I plan to do patient care as an advanced practice nurse.
- Jan 12, '06 by SaderNurse05I want to get mt Masters in Public Health:wink2:
- Jan 13, '06 by zacariasFNP and work in the ED.
- Jan 13, '06 by sddlnscpI am first going to get my ASN (finishing up pre-reqs this spring semester - WooHoo!), then I will work while I do a BSN online and eventually would like to become a Neonatal NP - but that is MANY years down the road as I want to work the floor for quite a while first so that I can learn everything I need to know to become a good NNP. Whatever I do, I know that I want to work bedside and be hands-on with the patients. I will not be happy if I can't have direct contact in patient care.