Jobs not being advertised? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 23, '11 by merleeVirtually all the local positions are online. Nothing in the newspapers, at all. Nothing.
- Jan 23, '11 by LongislandLPNI got my job by sending my resume to every facility (nursing home, dialysis, methadone clinics, psych hospitals) literally every facility that would have an LPN working there. My job did NOT advertise any job opening! I would suggest to send your resume by mail to EVERYWHERE within a 25 mile radius regardless if they are hiring or not. Then send them your resume in email/fax, and then a few days after send a thank you letter!
- Jan 23, '11 by canchaserGood luck, got family in Keokuk area. I know the area is very hard hit, most of my family gave up on health care and went into quarry and construction work. Try the hospitals, look for telehealth and home health. I'm finding that I've got to think outside the box to find work. Hospitals are the obvious choice but there is more, also look into insurance that would let you work from home. Good luck.
- Jan 23, '11 by TheLastTimeJobs not being advertised is hardly a phenomena limited to nursing. For the three jobs I interviewed for, one was not advertised at all and the other was advertised for an experienced nurse (I was a fresh graduate at the time).
This is why it pays to network, network, network. Until you land a nursing job, you're in sales. The product is you.
- Jan 24, '11 by UpinawayRNI once interviewed for a day position advertisement only to find out"ohh, that must have been a misprint...it is actually for evenings..are you still interested?"( Really? It has been running for weeks and you didn't know about this?") Yeah...I took it... Also found out looking in the yellow pages and doing "cold calls/faxes" can be helpful..Everybody's getting real cheap these days and don't want to spend the extra to advertise.....do the footwork yourself.
- Jan 24, '11 by SuperNurse2009i have found (in ohio) that a lot of companies don't post to a newspaper but will have the job posted on their website.