Did I help the nurses or did I do nothing? - Page 2Register Today!
- Jan 13 by proud nurseI'm thinking you probably felt you didn't do enough because you stated you barely did AM cares, but honestly you did so much. 3 sets of vitals on 13 patients, 10 accuchecks, and documenting I&O is huge. I would be honored to work with such an efficient and dedicated employee.
- Jan 13 by JZ_RN13 sugars? Can you come work at my employer haha!
- Jan 13 by Esme12I'd pay to let others let you go and be the helper on my team any day!!!!!!!!
- Jan 13 by RNJillSounds like you did well. After working with a few subpar aides who truly don not manage their time well and are generally sloppy, I have to say that if you are clearly so concerned about doing your best, you are probably awesome
- Jan 13 by AyvahI understand where you are coming from and I think I can give some insight into why you feel like you did nothing even though you were busy all day. You had more patients than is normal for a hospital day shift and were stretched very thin. Because you couldn't give full, complete care to each patient, you feel like you didn't do enough, however you did quite well for the patient load you had. My guess is that if you would have had 1/2-2/3 the patient load and worked exactly as hard, you would have felt much more fulfilled.