- by Girlygirl69 Sep 9, '11Is there a company or group which provides classes where individual RN's can practice using the CVVH machine? I contacted the manufacturer and they provide classes but the hospital must set them up and pay for it
- Sep 9, '11 by BiffbradfordNot getting enough practice on the clock?
- Sep 9, '11 by Girlygirl69No in my unit we use it every "once in a while"
- Sep 9, '11 by merleeYour facility should provide the training. At least yearly they should have the rep come in and give some inservices, enough times for everyone to get some 'hands-on'. Just like other equipment needs review, something that isn't used frequently needs updating.
This is not something that one person should have to pay for.
- Sep 9, '11 by BiffbradfordDon't do it on your own time. Suddenly you'll get a new MD who's big into CVVH and you'll be doing it all the time and you'll be the unit expert.
- Sep 9, '11 by ckh23Are you at a large hospital with multiple icu's? If so I would check on other units to see if they have anyone on it and if you can go see them. That's what I did because it seems to come in spurts. We didn't have any for a couple months and now we have 4 on the unit.