Hi i'm not a recruiter but I've recently helped in recruiting a school nurse. Here are some points in writing a resume.
1. Keep it not more than 2 pages. More than 2 is not readable. I remember getting a resume with 8 pages and I couldn't help but say is this a novel?
2. Each resume must be tailored to each job, each employer.
3. Have a cover letter. Just like your resume, it should be tailored.
4. If you're applying via email, before attaching your resume make sure to name the file. For example: RebeccaBlackResume.doc or RebeccaBlack_Resume.doc
5. Pay attention to your resume layout. Avoid making it colorful, too clumped, and using fancy paper when printing.
6. Proof read, proof read, proof read, proof read, and proof read.
You can google some samples of new grad nurse resumes in the net and get ideas.