Hi! Anyone can give me more tips on how to improve my patient's nutrional intake?
This 85yo male, a known alcoholic in early stage of dementia, is suffering from pain and vomiting when eating solid food. He has a very good appetite but just couldn't take in solid foods. He eats what's being given to him but the moment he swallowed it, it comes out and feel pain in the middle of his chest.
I've tried small and frequent meals, biscuits but they all come out minutes after it's been swallowed.
We've been giving nutritional drink products, non-alcoholic beer and every possible liquid available from our station but i just think it's not enough. He can't just drink and sleep all the time.