how long is typical wait list for shasta college

U.S.A. California

Published

Specializes in Registered nurse.

Does anyone know or have some experience of applying to Shasta College in Redding and getting In. They say the wait list is three years. Is that really the case? I am from Redding and would move back to go to nursing school and work there. I am a single mom of 16 month ols:bugeyes: twins at the age of 45 and I would need to live with my mom to make it work financially so no other college is going to work. Plus I love the Redding area!

Specializes in Critical Care.

I am not sure about Shasta however I am on Yuba City's waitlist and I have about 2 years to wait.

Good Luck! You should apply everywhere! The competition in Northern California is really stiff.

I am currently on Shasta College's wait list and am looking at about two years. You know, the governor recently changed the rules though don't you. Shasta College used to be first come first serve basis only, now there is certain criteria that puts you higher or lower on the wait list. I was in the last group to use the old way.

I know several people who have gone through the program, and even though they all say it is really tough, they're ecstatic to be nurses working in this area. By the way I just turned 40 this year, you're never too old to follow your dreams! Good Luck! :nuke:

Specializes in Registered nurse.

Thanks for the info. Do you know what the criteria are that determines your place on the waitlist. I just talked to the counselor last week and she did not mention that to me. Any ideas??

Part of it is based on grades, prior experience, foreign language, financial need, learning disabilities, etc. It's a point system like the ones found at a lot of other colleges like Chico State. It's really a much better system of determining the wait list. The way they used to do it just lumped everyone together so the ones with really marginal grades who may not stick with the program have just as good a shot as a 4.0 student who is totally committed. Not to say that grades are everything, but some people just take it more seriously and know this is what they want to do.

Hope this helps, I'm sure your counselor can break it down better if you ask.

+ Add a Comment