USF applicants 2013 - page 6
Anyone applying to USF's (University of South Florida) nursing program?. I feel discouraged because I heard how competitive and rigorous it is.I have a 3.7 gpa. finished about half of my pre reqs, got A's in all of my science... Read More
- 0May 21, '13 by Cookie.Cruz@PalmHarborMom..now the 2 page essay we have to type..does that mean one page and 1/2 counts as 2 or does the second page have to be filled up? I guess what I'm saying is what qualifies as a second page if that makes sense? And I also wanna ask is it even possible to have a job to pay rent and be able to attend the nursing program? Also if ppl are not accepted at first, do you just take two courses related to the program and then try again?
Sorry for all the questions but you seem to have all the answers lol Thank You
- 0May 21, '13 by PalmHarborMomCookie.Cruz- The second page does not have to be full but make sure that you are very thorough in answering the required questions. You hate to make it shorter than allowed and miss something. And it should be single spaced.
If you are not accepted, then you will apply for the Summer session. So you would have 2 semesters before possibly starting the program. The only class that you can take ahead of time that specifically applies to the nursing program is Pathophysiology. Other than that, you could take classes that may benefit you in some way during the program. Such as "Intro to Military and Veterans Health" or "Gerontology".
That being said.... I am sending good vibes your way in hopes that you will be accepted!
- 0May 22, '13 by TwentyOnePilotsHi Cookie.Cruz!
I am applying to the USF Upper Division program for Fall 2013 as well. I have a 3.85 overall and a 3.75 pre-req GPA. I've been shadowing a CRNA in the operating room for the past two semesters and I volunteer in a clinical drug research trial. I also have worked part-time at Publix for the past two years. I'm hoping that experience is enough to get in! Good luck on the essay! It took me a little over a month to write it, edit it, and then edit it again lol. It drove me crazy but definitely take the time to go over it, and have other people go over it as well. I had four nurses (including my mom) and two of my former English professors review and suggest changes for my paper. My fingers are crossed that we both get in!!
- 0May 22, '13 by Cookie.CruzWow, lol, looks like you have alot of reliable sources. I wrote this in 2 days and I'm just waiting for the school to review it and a fellow nurse. You have a better chance than me of getting in but lets stay positive and keep our fingers crossed!! Hopefully, the decision will be made quickly.
- 0May 22, '13 by TwentyOnePilotsQuote from Cookie.CruzWaiting will definitely be the hardest part!! I'm really excited and anxious at the same time lol. We both have great stats!Wow, lol, looks like you have alot of reliable sources. I wrote this in 2 days and I'm just waiting for the school to review it and a fellow nurse. You have a better chance than me of getting in but lets stay positive and keep our fingers crossed!! Hopefully, the decision will be made quickly.
- 0May 29, '13 by TwentyOnePilotsyes haha i am very nervous. I just submitted my app through SOAR about 30 minutes ago. I was waiting to be admitted through Undergrad Admissions before applying through SOAR.. talk about good timing! I was so afraid I wouldn't make it before the deadline. Now comes the hard part, waiting for 3-4 weeks for a decision! Fingers crossed!!
- 2May 29, '13 by PalmHarborMomI know you guys are nervous... I was before I got accepted. But it might be as little as 2 weeks before you hear something. My suggestion is to set up your phone to receive your USF email. That way you will get that message right after it is sent.
You have now reached the very worst part of getting into nursing school..... THE WAIT!
Good luck to you all!