USF applicants 2013 - Page 2Register Today!
- Mar 12 by dfunk15Also, do any of you know places to live off campus? I was looking around and there is nothing within walking distance to the school. Odd area I thought.
- Mar 12 by dfunk15What other programs did everyone apply to? My primary choice is U of Rochester in NY
- Mar 12 by PalmHarborMomQuote from dfunk15Also, do any of you know places to live off campus? I was looking around and there is nothing within walking distance to the school. Odd area I thought.
I am a USF College of Nursing student and there are tons of places within walking distance. Also, the BullRunner (USF's bus system) also stops at some of them. I don't live near campus so I can't help with the names of the apartment complex names but they are out there. Some are directly across the street.
If you need a place within walking distance because you do not have a car.... you may need to get one. Clinicals are not always within walking distance. Some people do carpool but then you are relying on someone else to be on time. And 5 minutes late for clinicals and they can send you home, more than 2 absences=Fail. I am way too big of a "on time= early" person to carpool.
I hope that you find a place!
- Mar 13 by futurebullnurseI applied for the Upper Division program for Summer 2013. Has anyone else applied and heard a decision yet?
- Mar 13 by klesiI am applying for the basic BSN program. I am also applying to FGCU and UCF for spring
- Mar 13 by PalmHarborMomHere's a timeline for when I found out that I was in for Fall 2012. The deadline was June 15th and I received my acceptance email on July 9th. There were people that received emails early the week before I did; however, they were not accepted. So no news may be good news.
Just thought you guys would want to know how long it took in the past!
- Mar 14 by craym1Hello PalmHarborMom
How do you like your experience so far at usf?
- Mar 14 by PalmHarborMomI LOVE USF!!!! The College of Nursing has outstanding professors! We have access to all the major hospitals in the Tampa area for clinicals. The program is intense and be prepared to be exhausted by the end of the week. But it is so much fun! There are times that I wonder how in the world I will remember it all, then (like last week) we have a simulation and it all comes together. I couldn't ask for a better program!
- Mar 14 by craym1Wow that's great!! I set up an appointment to speak with one of the prospective advisors, I believe her name is ****. I really want to take a nur course during the summer term.Last edit by Esme12 on Mar 15 : Reason: TOS/NO STAFF NAMES PLS
- Mar 14 by PalmHarborMomQuote from craym1Wow that's great!! I set up an appointment to speak with one of the prospective advisors, I believe her name is ****. I really want to take a nur course during the summer term.
**** is great! She will be honest with you if there is anything else you need to do. She can also tell you about getting a permit to take Pathophysiology before you are in the program. Patho is the only class that you can take early. I also took it during the summer so it is doable but be prepared for a fast paced class. 40 chapters in 9 weeks! You will meet a couple people that are trying to get into the program, like yourself and the rest of the class will be 1st semester students. But the BEST part is that you will have a 4 credit course out of the way, so you will only have to take 13 credits hours that first semester instead of 17! One class doesn't seem like a big deal but it makes a huge difference that first semester.
Good Luck getting into USF CON!Last edit by Esme12 on Mar 15 : Reason: TOS NO STAFF NAMES PLS!