Thoughts on Galen?Register Today!
- by bruno23 Jun 23, '10Hello, I am interested in learning more about Galen. I have read horrible reviews online about this school. However I know that it can be hear say. I would like to know of anyones thoughts and/or experiences with this school. Everything is helpful! Thank You!
- Jul 5, '10 by dmv2165Hi bruno23,
I know this is a little late and you may have already made your decision but I currently attend Galen. I am not sure what kind of reviews you read. I know that many of the students that fail are bitter and bad mouth the school. Galen's programs both the LPN and ADN programs are tough but if you are serious about being a nurse then you shouldn't have any problems.
I attended the LPN program and graduated May09 and currently enrolled in the ADN program (graduating November 10) I love the school. The instructors are awesome and they really do want to help all their students succeed. I know there are some out there that feel differently but everytime I asked for help I received the assistance I needed.
Galen really prepares their students to pass the NCLEX and they give you the best overall clinical experience. When I was in the LPN program I did clinicals at St. Anthony's/Morton Plant/Sabal Palms/PEMS. Just finished up my Maternal Infant (Manatee Memorial) and Peds (All Childrens) clinicals which was an awesome experience. Getting ready for my Mental Health (PEMS) clinicals and I can't wait.
As you mentioned you can't believe everything you read which is so true....If your looking for a well round education giving you good clinical experience and preparing you to pass boards then I would say Galen. I checked many schools prior to attending Galen and none of them really compared. At least for what I was looking for.
Good Luck in your search !!
- Jul 14, '10 by DSBLHi! I am new to the site and trying to also obtain information on Galen. I'm looking to switch career fields all together and need to work in my current field while going to school (I know it sucks!) I received my BSBM form University of Phoenix so Im used to the cost of the non traditional/private schools, but my concern with Galen is the things I am hearing about their accreditation. I eventually want to obtain my BSN but am fearful that if I attend Galen for the LPN or RN bridge program that my credits wont be accepted/respected or valid at other reputable schools that offer the BSN. I am so confused in this entire process!!
- Jul 14, '10 by dmv2165DSBL:
Galen is currently working on their Regional accreditation but are accredited with the Council on Occupational Education. All their programs have been approved by the Florida Nursing Board. Not sure what school you are planning on going to for your BSN but I know University of Phoenix, Kaplan, University of Tampa and some other private based colleges accept Galen's credits. Once Galen becomes Regionally accredited you will be grandfathered in. They are hoping to have this accomplished by the end of the year.
Hope that helps.
- Jul 19, '10 by bruno23Thank you for your help! It is nice to hear from actual students to find out their opinion vrs talking to the school. I was wondering where Galen does their clinicals at?
I know that a good investment is one for your education.. I am just a little hesitant about Galen because of the cost. However I have definitely not ruled it out!!