Seminole State - UCF Concurrent BSN Spring 2013 - page 9
by coles | 24,286 Views | 100 Comments
Hello everyone that is applying in September for the SSC/UCF program. I wanted to start a board to communicate with the spring 2013 applicants. Iím done with my prerequisites and preparing the take the TEAS now. I'm excited... Read More
- 0Nov 5, '12 by dawniepooFor all of you who were wait listed: hang in there! I didn't get a phone call until the first week of December last year. I had all but given up hope. If you don't get a call, the next time you apply you will have a better chance of getting in. Most of my class had applied at least twice to the program.
- 0Nov 6, '12 by kabooskiSo that is 6 confirmed on the wait/alternative. 5 who posted here and one fellow classmate/friend who does not. His second time around applying. 1st time told that folks had finished their pre-reqs before him (2010). Finished in fall of 2011 and now this. I commend you folks who don't mind waiting 1-2 years to get into the nursing program; especially, when you could of gotten a degree/certificate in something while waiting. You only get 6 month grace period before you have to start paying your students loans if your not enrolled.
I'm sorry I love Nursing, but I'm not playing that game. No way will I wait TWO years! after getting my A.A to finally start a program that will take another 2 1/2 years to complete and then another who knows how long to actually get hired.
There are other options for plan B:
Accelerated RN transition programs
Medical Laboratory Science
If my friend does not get placed off the wait-list and does not start in the spring of 2013, that will be one whole year before he may (not guaranteed) apply again and actually start in the fall of 2013.
I'm applying for the fall of 2013, but I have a plan B in case I get denied or wait-listed. AA degree with a 3.95 overall GPA. (4.00 cum)
- 0Nov 7, '12 by TravelPrincessNow they are saying for the RN program... It is by who applied to the concurrent program, THEN categories (based on pre-req gpa), THEN when you last finished pre-reqs. When I went to the nursing session, they said nothing about gpa factored into that. It must have suddenly changed. Does anyone remember what they said at their nursing session?
- 0Nov 7, '12 by kabooskiYea I recorded mine BTW they said "no more A.S degree after 2013. Now RN is going to be strictly a B.S.N program. More education for the same exam and nearly the same pay. But that is the new reality we live in, too many applicants at the hospitals means they can say "we will only hire those with 4 year degrees" and with that "hospital" being the largest chain in Florida, expect having to have a B.S in Nursing to go state-wide.
- 0Nov 7, '12 by jv713Hey guys! I was also wait listed and have yet to hear back. And yes I have asked info from both sides asking where on the list I am.. I was told from both sides that they will not release that info... Ugh! So frustrating! I had a overall 3.67, pre req was 4.0 and TEAS 78.7! dawniepoo... Will they call is or email us? I check my email everyday lol
- 0Nov 7, '12 by dleiI checked back on the email and found this:
"[COLOR=black]Alternates may be notified of any available seats through January 3, 2013."
Stay positive everyone I know I'm hoping to start this program in Spring, but if not that I will look into completing another major here at UCF. I was already waitlisted and denied for the generic BSN which started this Fall. While I am definitely willing to wait for what I want, I do also have to be realistic about completing my education!