Seminole State - UCF Concurrent BSN Spring 2013 - Page 4Register Today!
- Hmmm are u in the concurrent program?! Because I thought there wasn't a "wait list" But I don't know why there wouldn't be, because if someone who got accepted declined their spot, it should go to someone next in line I would think?
- No, what I meant by a wait list, I meant I was an alternate.
- Oh okayyy so then u were accepted into the concurrent?! Oh boy.. So u had to wait even longer to find out I bet u were going crazy lol
- uh, I had to wait a long time. I was accepted on the last possible day. I almost fainted when i got that phone call telling me I had to be at orientation the next day! That was last December and everyone else got their acceptance letters in October. It was so worth the wait though.
- Haha oh boy... well then it was Ment to be just a question.. Do u know of any classmates that were accepted that were still finishing their last pre req when they applied?! I'm freaking out
- No. I believe everyone was finished and unless the criteria has changed, they go by GPA, TEAS, and the date you complete your pre-reqs. I think they use the date as a tie-breaker if memory serves. It depends on how many people have applied and the qualifications for each applicant. If there are 100 applicants who meet all the criteria, then they will pick the applicants who finished their pre-reqs first. Are you still completing your pre-reqs?
- Hmmm well I am taking human nutrition, that is my last pre req! I was super mad I had to retake it, Cus I had already taken it in Daytona a year ago. A UCF advisor told me false info, and when I went to a SSC nursing session I found out I took the wrong human nutrition > but my GPA is 3.67 overall, 4.0 recalculated and TEAS 78.7 :/
- Actually, one of my friends who is also in the concurrent program was forced to take another nutrition class, which she is taking now. I'm not sure what the problem was with her old nutrition class, but thankfully it worked out for her. I really hope it works out for you too!
- Wow they made her take a different nutrition class while she was in the program?! Or before entering....
I know, i wish they knew what they were talking about 100% before they tell the students one thing, it got my hopes up!
- Whhoops just saw that you mentioned she is taking now...