Remington College of Nursing - Orlando - Page 13Register Today!
- Dec 17, '09 by willow0918Hi Phenomene,
I'm not sure how to talk to you directly on here. I'm excited and nervous about starting the class in January, we should chat!
MedicalOne, as far as cheaper programs, they are out there. I know someone had mentioned on this thread that they were going to Salisbury U in MD. That's my hometown and I got my Bachelor's there as well. It's definitely cheaper, the only reason I'm not going there is because I prefer to stay in Florida. I would have liked to go to UCF here in Orlando, but it is extremely competitive, and they won't even look at you unless you have at least a 3.6 GPA (some people have told me that's not even high enough). They have a once-a-year accelerated 2nd bachelors program that starts in July. They accept 60 students.
Hope this helps!Last edit by tnbutterfly on Dec 18, '09 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES
- Dec 18, '09 by PhenomeneHi Willow,
We definitely should chat. How do we do that though?
- Dec 18, '09 by willow0918I guess there's a private message board they want us to use on here. We have to have 15 postings first though before we can post on it?
Anyhoo, do you live in the area? I live in Orlando area and have been to visit the school. Since I've never been to see other nursing school facilities, I have no frame of reference, but the equipment seemed pretty sophisticated.
I'm really worried about the work load. I saw on here that someone posted we will be getting homework assignment during orientation to complete before classes start... 67 chapters to read?! That sounds highly undoable lol! I'm lucky that I don't have any obligations, no husband or kids, so I can fully focus. But it will still be a lot!
- Dec 18, '09 by PhenomeneI did catch your email but when I tried to email you aol said that the user didn't exist. I live about 2.5 hrs away in Coral Springs so I will be relocating. I noticed that message about the 68 chapters too but I am not worried. This is my dream and I as well have no obligations (kids, husband, pets) so whatever is required I am ready to do.
- Dec 26, '09 by MedicalOneHello Phenomene and Willow0918,
Like I said before, I was accepted too. I would like to keep up with you all too in the private sessions.
How do I get to the private sessions, anyway. You mentioned that you have to have 15 postings first. Well, I would like to include my postings as well.
- Dec 26, '09 by PhenomeneI guess we should continue to interact so that we can get to the private messages. I have already sent in my acceptance. Working on getting my financial aid together and finding an apartment. How about you all? Orientation is in a few weeks.
- Dec 26, '09 by tnbutterflyprivate messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members with 15+posts.
once you have 15 posts, you may send a private message to a member by clicking the 'send new message' link in the private messaging section of your user control panel, or by clicking the 'send a private message' icon that appears in a member's posts when you click on their username.
for more information on private messages, go to what are private messages in the frequently asked questions forum.
- Dec 26, '09 by MedicalOneSounds good to me. I wonder what does those 67 chapters consists of.
- Dec 27, '09 by PhenomeneI have no idea. I guess we'll find out at orientation.