Remington College of Nursing - Orlando - page 13
by TopCat1234 199,607 Views | 699 Comments
has anyone enrolled in the inaugural accelerated bsn class that started january 2009? what are your impressions so far? thank you, topcat... Read More
- 0Dec 17, '09 by willow0918Hi Phenomene,
I'm not sure how to talk to you directly on here. I'm excited and nervous about starting the class in January, we should chat!
MedicalOne, as far as cheaper programs, they are out there. I know someone had mentioned on this thread that they were going to Salisbury U in MD. That's my hometown and I got my Bachelor's there as well. It's definitely cheaper, the only reason I'm not going there is because I prefer to stay in Florida. I would have liked to go to UCF here in Orlando, but it is extremely competitive, and they won't even look at you unless you have at least a 3.6 GPA (some people have told me that's not even high enough). They have a once-a-year accelerated 2nd bachelors program that starts in July. They accept 60 students.
Hope this helps!Last edit by tnbutterfly on Dec 18, '09 : Reason: PLEASE DO NOT POST EMAIL ADDRESSES
- 0Dec 18, '09 by willow0918I guess there's a private message board they want us to use on here. We have to have 15 postings first though before we can post on it?
Anyhoo, do you live in the area? I live in Orlando area and have been to visit the school. Since I've never been to see other nursing school facilities, I have no frame of reference, but the equipment seemed pretty sophisticated.
I'm really worried about the work load. I saw on here that someone posted we will be getting homework assignment during orientation to complete before classes start... 67 chapters to read?! That sounds highly undoable lol! I'm lucky that I don't have any obligations, no husband or kids, so I can fully focus. But it will still be a lot!
- 0Dec 18, '09 by PhenomeneI did catch your email but when I tried to email you aol said that the user didn't exist. I live about 2.5 hrs away in Coral Springs so I will be relocating. I noticed that message about the 68 chapters too but I am not worried. This is my dream and I as well have no obligations (kids, husband, pets) so whatever is required I am ready to do.
- 0Dec 26, '09 by MedicalOneHello Phenomene and Willow0918,
Like I said before, I was accepted too. I would like to keep up with you all too in the private sessions.
How do I get to the private sessions, anyway. You mentioned that you have to have 15 postings first. Well, I would like to include my postings as well.
- 0Dec 26, '09 by tnbutterfly Adminprivate messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members with 15+posts.
once you have 15 posts, you may send a private message to a member by clicking the 'send new message' link in the private messaging section of your user control panel, or by clicking the 'send a private message' icon that appears in a member's posts when you click on their username.
for more information on private messages, go to what are private messages in the frequently asked questions forum.