Nova (NSU) BSN. Personal experience? Compared to Broward College?Register Today!
- by jcpr1988 Sep 9, '12I plan on applying to both Nova and Broward college's nursing program. Hoping to apply to both and start (fall) Aug. 2013. I have heard great things about both schools and, truthfully, leaning toward Nova. I am closer to finishing Broward's pre-requisites for their program. However, I have heard and seen on many threads that you can apply to Nova's program while you're finishing up your last pre-reqs then submitting your final transcripts once you've finished the classes. Is this true? Or will I have to wait till my classes are all completed prior to applying? I ask because the fall 2013 application deadline is April 1st and I will finish with the pre-reqs toward the END of April. I hope this doesn't put me behind in the application process. How do the school's compare program wise? I know Nova has a hefty pricetag and I'm ok with that. For me, it's about finishing faster through Nova since I plan on pursuing my master's after my bsn.
Hope anyone can help! Either way, I am very excited for the journey ahead.
- 1,662 Views
- Sep 13, '12 by rnMommIm alsoconsidering a BSN then on to a MSN degree in the Fort Lauderdale. I know Novais a lot more $$ than Broward college. I do not want to go into debt. Afterbeing an RN for 15yrs. a BSN is a BSN. As long as its online, cheep and fast. Iwill save my money for my masters and Nurse Practitioner. Im thinking ofBroward for my BSN 1 yr online starting 2013 and then FIU or FAU for my NP.
I would also like to know what are FL RN's getting their Master Degrees in?What is the trend in FL for NP's?
Let us know what you decide.Last edit by rnMomm on Sep 13, '12 : Reason: color ?
- Feb 22 by Laurarodriguez21I applied to Nova for fall 2013. Have you guys gotten any responses yet??
- Apr 24 by Dolce37What was your GPA when you applied for Nova?
- Aug 9 by AwesomeNurseToBeYes you can apply although you don't have all your classes done with.
- Nov 17 by AwesomeNurseToBeYes I have. They accepted me but considering all the $$ it would cost right now financially it isn't the best. Soo I choose Broward. Nova is a great school though.