Galen tampa bay hopefuls?!Register Today!
- by asaka6 Mar 23, '12Is anyone applying for galen -tampa bay rn program for July class?!
I flew over 2 weeks ago to check out the campus and took the entrance exam ..The school looked great ! very new & clean ..
I passed the test and scored 118 .. I dont know its competitive enough though....
hmm... i wish i get in...
- 1,088 Views
- Mar 23, '12 by Medic2RNMoved to Florida Nursing Programs forum for more of a response.
- May 1, '12 by futurepriceYou should be fine. I just started Quarter 2 this week. I studied my butt off and made a 4.0 last semester. Just make sure you come to class and pay attention. In 3 months I've already made more than a handful of friends and study buddies. Let me know if you need help finding textbooks or your way around!
- Jun 27, '12 by Red35Hello!
I'm thinking of attending Galen as well for the July class...I was studying for the TEAS but I guess Galen uses another test?
Is anyone attending Galen currently? I have a bachelors degree already and this is a career change. Any assistance will be appreciated!
- Jun 28, '12 by futurepriceWhat would you like to know? I was also a student returning to school after graduating with my Bachelor's from FSU. So far, it has worked out great! Galen uses the PAX-RN. If you're in the Tampa Bay/St. Pete area and would like to borrow the book I used please let me know.
- Jul 3, '12 by stephalina6I'm thinking about Galen in St Pete as well - my sister in law actually just got accepted and starting in July. I have my BS from USF in Business Management so this is a career change as well. Right now I'm doing the AP 1&2, Micro, Nutrition, and Life Span at PHCC, hopefully finish that by the end of Spring. I really wanted to get my BS at USF again in Nursing but I don't think my GPA is strong enough, plus I can't afford to be rejected 2 or 3 times either.... so I was considering Galen also.
But after I get my RN and get working and want to go for my BS at USF for Nursing - would any of these classes transfer?? I didn't think so but I'm not sure. I have an email into USF Nursing asking but just curious as to what you all might know.
I was also thinking of Keiser - so curious as to why you all chose Galen over Keiser.
I want to join Galen because it will all be quick to get the RN - my husband and I don't have children but it's been a very hot topic in our house...would like to wait but I'm 28 and he's 30 - we don't want to wait any longer.
Anyway...... Galen is quick and from what I've read the ones that are at Galen have nothing but nice things to say. However, I want to do this right since I'm considering the BSN at USF one day.
Any thoughts? =\
- Oct 5, '12 by asaka6dear. futureprice
Im sorry i saw your post really late... yes.. i got accepted to galen and so far I love being a student here.
I took my last final today and just found out that i got 4.0 for 1st quarter....
i was wondering, if you took A&P2 online, how was it?
Do you recommend it? or should i take onsite...?Last edit by asaka6 on Oct 5, '12 : Reason: dd
- Sep 10 by erica1223How well did you do on the practice test in the book im getting 40 out of 60 right.. I take the test in three weeks.
- Oct 18 by erica1223Yay so I took my pax passed and got accepted into the Jan class. Where can I find first quater books for a reasonable price?