Galen School of NursingRegister Today!
- by Allyssa009 Apr 9I am looking into going to Galen (Tampa Campus) for nursing school. I have heard the highs and lows of the school...but one question i do have that i am completly stuck about is...is anyone going to hire me since the school is not an accredited school?? And also, is the school really as bad as every one says it is?? Thanks so much
- 2,203 Views
- Apr 9 by meeepYes, it is. Run and go to a real school. All Galen cares about is getting your tuition money.
- Apr 18 by WillSandersAllyssa,
I hope this finds you well and hope that you find the information helpful. Galen College is actually nationally accredited and in the process of becoming regionally accredited, please see the below information on accreditation:
Galen College is accredited by the Commission of the Council on Occupational Education. The Council on Occupational Education is a nationally recognized accrediting agency by the United States Department of Education. Galen College and its individual nursing programs have met the educational standards for accreditation, approval or licensure from the following organizations:
The Council on Occupational Education
7840 Roswell Road, Suite 325
Atlanta, Georgia 30350
Galen College of Nursing is a candidate for accreditation with the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097
or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accrediation of Galen College.
Commission on Colleges
As for finding out more about the experience of a Galen College of Nursing student I would recommend connecting with some of the individuals in the FB Group from the link below, they are all students currently enrolled at the Tampa campus expecting to graduate in the 2014/15 school year and might be able to provide you with some real insight on day to day at Galen College of Nursing Tampa.
- May 8 by kskaggs126I am applying for the July class... I have called and spoken to hospitals, home health agencies, doctors offices, and hillsborough and pinellas county health dept., and they have all said that they hire Galen grads... Depending on what you want to go in to, you will need experience (like I want to work for pediatric health choice, but they said you need 2 yrs peds exp before you can apply). A lot of the hiring nurses I've spoken to love Galen grads, and many will hire NEW GRADS because of how well Galen grads are prepared... I can say that I have not heard the same about USF or SPC RN new grads. Hope this helps!
Remember, when you don't know about something, do the research on it, call around, you'll be surprised and excited to hear what some of these places have to say.
- May 8 by Allyssa009Thanks! My main worry was that they werent accrd. at the time by the nln. when i spoke to the advisor she said that would be changing in june. aside from that i driffted off to find keiser university, which a friend of mine goes to and she loves it. it is also a few thousand cheaper. thank you s much for your input tho! and good luck! i hope you do great!
- Sep 17 by LLinsen928Galen received their SACS accreditation in June 2013 which allows you to transfer your credits to other universities. They are working on getting their NLN accreditation. However, I graduated from Galen in January 2013 and have not had any problem finding a job as a RN. I have received calls from potential employers who stated they hear great things about Galen grads. Every school has its good and bad things about it but I can honestly say that I felt extremely prepared to take to NCLEX-RN and practice as a RN after graduating from Galen.
- Sep 18 by Medic2RNMoved to the Florida State Nursing Programs forum.
- Sep 18 by erica1223Im glad to hear. I plan on going in January. Ive been studying fit my pax.
- Oct 2 by erica1223Yay I passed my pax hopefully I get into the January class..
- Oct 4 by mjmhMe too Erica. Do you have an appointment to register?