Florida National College ASN 1 year program - page 2
Hello to all, I'm interested in the ASN program at fnc. I would like to know the opinions from the current students and grads. I contacted the adm. office and this is what they mention to me. The program is regionally... Read More
- 0Jan 1, '11 by nonyrnHi nursejeninprogress11
I'm happy to hear that your were accepted. I wish you the best and hopefully if I attend fnc we will get to meet. I met w/t one of the advisors at fnc and was advise to take two of my five classes w/t the school for term b starting on feb 28, 2011. My intentions are to take three course w/t mdc and two w/t fnc inorder to have a guarantee seat. But I was advise by the director that for the current time they would only guarantee me a seat for jan 2012 only if I get accepted to the program. WOW! But she also mention that for the next term jan 2011, the school had originally planned to accept 30 students but instead accepted 60 because there were many students prepared. So there may be a chance that it may happen for the term that starts in may. I am so ready to start this journey but it is so discouraging to hear that I may have to change routes.
nursejeninprogress11 since you have been through this process already can you answer some of my concerns?
When did you originally get accepted to the school? Did the school originally guarantee you seat for the jan 2011 session or did they give you a further date?
Any advise is welcome.
- 0Jan 2, '11 by jen11GNI got accepted at the end of september 2010, I had gone into the school just for some information on the program and since the adviser told me that I had all the prequistes ready to start in the Jan 2011 term that I should go ahead and take the TEAS to start saving my seat before they got full. I passed the TEAs on the first try with an 80%. The test is not as hard as people make it seem it basically tests you on your basic knowledge. With that all done I had reserved my seat for Jan. in mid October. So if you want to get into the nursing program I suggest you start now because they get full fast now since all the other nursing schools in South Florida are already full. I hope to see you at FNC one day soon and if you have any further questions feel free to ask. I begin classes in 2 days and I am so very nervous/excited!! I wish you also the best of luck in all your future endeavors
- 0Jan 3, '11 by jen11GNi believe you will do fine I will pray for you tho I did not study for the TEAS it tested me on basic knowledge I had already acquired from receiving my AA degree in general studies. Do not get stressed out just be confident and you will pass. Goodluck and let me know how you do!
- 0Jan 4, '11 by Praying01Hi cpet0619
Your information was very informative! Thanks..
I don't mean to be nosy, and feel free not to answer but how is the financial aid? Mainly because you mentioned that you hold a B.S. in Biology. I, myself have a Bachelors in Social Work. Since they will not give much information on financial aid it would be great if you can give me some information about it...
Thanks a bunch
- 0Jan 5, '11 by Nurse Betty08@ NONYRN
So sorry for the late respond. Yes I will start May 2011. I am curently a LPN and doing the RN bridge. Im doing 4 of the pre req there that Broward College didnt require which were College Algrebra, Ethic, Speech and Nutrition. So far so good. I like at FNC so far ....its pricey I agree, but as long I get my RN I am fine. I came Broward College RN program and decided to leave with just 4 classes left to complete the RN program. i didnt like it there and the professors sucks but 2.
- 0Mar 5, '11 by Miami11Hi, I'm coursing my last pre-req, and I found everything good until now. I reccommend you this college if you want to finish soon. I prefer this than MDC because is faster. They do not offer class in weekends but online class. But you need to know when you star the program core you need too much time for study, you will need help with your baby and is very difficult to work. this intensive program is for full-time student.
- 0Mar 24, '11 by jen11GNhey update on how the RN program at FNC is going for me....well so far so good....just be prepared because its EXTREMELY HARD!!! its an accelerated program therefore we go supppper fast....eleven chapter tests every week, clinicals, and care plans. Its tough to have to learn everything at such a fast speed and have to pass every test with a 77 as passing. good luck! im counting down the days till graduation in December