Broward College New Student Advice - Study Now?Register Today!
- by joifulgirl Mar 27, '09I will be entering my first term at Broward College and will have 2-3 months off.
What can I study so I can be prepared for the first term?
I have 2-3 months and heard how hard it is in the first term and I want to get an early start.
What books should I get and start studying?
- Mar 27, '09 by sunraygurlRNWhich campus will you be attending?
- Mar 27, '09 by joifulgirlI have not made the choice. Either Central or North.
- Mar 27, '09 by sunraygurlRNWell for North, you can check out the nursing process I/II professor's website.
I've been told to look over the Fundamentals and the Skills books (they are on the book list on her website and both books are by Perry/Potter, if I'm not mistaken). You can see the calendar as to what you'll be tested on and when (even though these dates are for this term and not the actual term you're attending- but it gives you an idea). You can start reading ahead on the information you'll be tested on first. The first test, I've heard, covers about 700 pages of reading.
I know Central uses the same books, but I don't really know what you'd be tested on first. However, you can probably just get these books and read ahead as well.
Are you starting in May? Or are you applying for August?
- Mar 27, '09 by LeavingTeaching4RNTest taking and critical thinking skills are also important. There are recommended books for critical thinkning and test success on the instructor's website.
- Mar 30, '09 by NrsBetty86I am graduating with my LPN on April 9th and hoping to sit for my boards soon. I want to apply for the LPN-RN program but I've heard SO many negative things about BCC! Should I even waste my time? I am applying for South campus and all I hear is horrible things about all the teachers in every campus. I even heard that they are harder on LPN's because we are licenced. What do you think??
- Apr 15, '09 by current bc student Rim a current student right now at central campus. you guys seem sooo exited about it which is great stay with that attitude, but prepare to hate it towards your second semester....bcc sucks big time. they failed ppl for stupid reasons. my class was the first one based on gpa average to be accepted we had pretty much smart ppl in our class. but bcc has a business with the nursing program ahhh big advise do not buy allllll the books dont please dont waste ur money. just buy ur skills books "mandatory " u only will use it maybe twice the only book u really need is the drug guide and perry and potter thats about it u dont need anything else trust meeeeeeeeeeeeee. im almost done with this semester and stuck with all this books i never even touch
- Apr 15, '09 by olive_nurseBuy the pharmacology book and start looking at it. Get familiar with the drugs, how they work, etc. I'm in Process II right now and wish I took care of Pharm before I started my semester. It's a killer.
- Apr 15, '09 by current bc student Rif u have dr lyons i do recomend study ur ass off for pharm, but Dr. K is very fair and his slides are very helpful u just go by his power points and u should be fineee u dont need the book at all. his test are very straight forward not tricky questions at all. he is the best pharm teacher i highly recommend him, since u will be sooo overwhelmed with process one and clinical. take him but the program is very disorganize. soooo be prepare to teach yourself., no guidance at all....
- May 4, '09 by tracie0305Hi,
Can anyone who is a current student tell me when do you usually have off during the summer? My family is planning a trip next summer and I want to make sure that the dates that I will be off from school coincides with the trip. I will be starting this fall.