Currently I am taking my pre-reqs to transfer into a Nursing Program. I'm from NYC. I currently am a Patient Care Associate in a surgical department. One of the RNS told me about Flight Nurses. I have several questions about this career path. I have been trouble finding out more information.
1. What are the EXACT duties and expectations of a Flight Nurse?
2. Does a flight nurse work internationally or nationally?
3. After getting ER/ICU/etc. experience how does on exactly become a flight nurse?
I read you have to go to a program or academy. I only seem to find one in the USA.
4. What is the works schedule like? Salary?
5. Any thoughts of working as a flight nurse in the armed forces (navy/air force)? If so, what is the process?
I know, very specific questions. Anyone that can help, I'd highly appreciate it. Thank You.