Question about vitamine B12 IM injectionRegister Today!
- by angle85 Jun 23, '07Hi,
Im newly graduated.
I assigned to give my uncle a course of vit B12 inj.
but he express pain at time of inj, is it from vit B12
it self or my little experience ?
and how can I master this problem?
My wishes replies = views
- Jun 25, '07 by sandieOVitimim B12 is known to be a very painful injection
you need to take your time when administering it slowly slowly
- Jun 26, '07 by angle85thank you Mr SandieO for reply
- Jul 2, '07 by GeminiTwinRNI give myself IM injections of B-12 every month, up to 2cc's. I use a 1" 23g needle and the injection is in the thigh.
I don't necessarily agree that it's a painful injection. The only pain I feel is when the needle pokes the skin. The actual fluid isn't particularly thick or viscous, so I'm not sure why it hurts.
Also, I don't inject slowly, either.
- Jul 15, '07 by epiphanyI do sub-q on myself instead of IM, so it hurts less. and very small needle. I think B12 is generally given IM, but the instructions on the package recommended either one.