Passed FCCA - Just one more to go!!
- 0Dec 14, '11 by BeachCathyRNJust got the e-mail that I passed FCCA so just one to go - The Big One CPNE!! I am giving myself plenty of time to get this one down-sent in my application and gave a ready date of May 1st. Just the thought of this weekend fills me with such anxiety but I think if I get all the labs and critical elements down I will decrease the anxiety-hopefully. I have signed up for Sheri Tayor's online workshop and sent in few careplans already which I have gotten back with plenty of corrections Have all my labs set up and go through them multiple times on my days off and at least once on the days I work. Also planning on doing Sheri's workshop in person in the spring. I have flashcards with the critical elements on my bathroom mirror, wall of my bathtub and loaded on my iphone. Still so scared but I WILL PASS THIS!!!
- 2,404 Views
- 0Dec 30, '11 by gatormedic24I am now within 10 credits of my general education requirments which I blieve is. today by taking another exam at pearson vue. Would have been eligible weeks ago but I sent my CLEP exams in and they were not in an original envelope.
Needless to say they were promptly returned to me. To avoid waiting another 3 weeks I signed up and passed abnormal psychology. How long was it once you were eligible up until the time they contacted you. Also, about how long did this take you.
- 0Dec 31, '11 by Mrs.Mc,LPN217@gatormedic24 -do you have any pointers on how you completed all of the exams so quickly?! how many hours per day or week were you putting into the nursing exams? im having such a hard time being able to sit down and actually focus for more than an hour or so at a time. any advice would be much appreciated!
- 0Dec 31, '11 by BeachCathyRNNot sure about the vital signs-my only advise would be don't overthink it. Just use your Nursing judgement and fill it out. This from a nurse who hasn't done a care plan in 33 years!! I remember reading all the other post on here about FCCA and they all said don't make it harder than it is-easier said than done. Finished it in about 4 hours and that was with some erasing and rewriting after I read it over 5 times, just put it in the envelope-mailed it back and prayed. :bowingpur I got a few suggestions back from them on a few sections but got a Pass!
- 0Jan 2, '12 by gatormedic24I was definitely studying 5+ hours a day. Studying my butt off for a week straight and then taking the exam. The benefit of doing it quickly like that is all of the info is fresh as opposed to studying for a month or more you start to forget the material you studied in the beginning...As far as the being able to focus for more than an hour. Really not sure what to tell you about that. Maybe take a 5 hour energy? :-)
- 1Jan 18, '12 by BeachCathyRNThey give you 10 days to fill out and send back in, I did it in around 4 hours but saved it until the next morning and looked it over again and just changed one answer. It is 3 or 4 sections-can't really remember and like everyone says don't over think it just fill it out, not as bad as you think! As for books I used fundamentals and my Mosby's. I got a pass about a week after I sent it back and I think 2 comments on answers I gave and what they thought would be better. Hope this helps and you will be there before you know it!!!