I think ec is what I needRegister Today!
- by HA_LPN Jun 8, '12Hello,
I will be applying to excelsoir this coming week, I know once I enroll they will be able to tell me what credit is transferable or not but I have some question anyway.
My question here is if I already have a&p 1 do I still need to take ec's a&p since they cover both. I spoke to an excelsoir rep and she said a&p 1 is enough for the Applied in nursing program, but another rep told me no.
Also with aleks do I have to be fully enroll to have ace transfer the credit to ec. I wanted to start with information lit, micro, than the transition and health and safety, but I need to figure this a&p thing out
Some say basic math is enough and some say no, have anyone was able to get the basic math accepted
I really need to get motivated, I was able to finish my lp program while working full time , I had one kid at that time. I have a baby now, going to class is not an option for me right now, not to mention the stress of writting entance essay, interviews, and competing with 100 of applicant...
I m in MA I'll be looking for study materials also.
Thank you in advance...
- 645 Views
- Jun 8, '12 by frankie,RNhi. not sure if its different now, but i only had credit for a+p1 and i did have to takethe exam that covered both. this was 1year ago- june. notsure about the other exams. good luck to you.
- Jun 8, '12 by missnurse01you have to have the full a&p sequence, so if your school does a&p 1 and 2 then you have to have both. my school had anat and phys (2 separate classes).
- Jun 8, '12 by BarbaraNMI also did ALEKS, and the Basic Math is not eligible for ACE credit. The Beginning Algebra IS, though... I did that class in a week (about 32 hours of work), and asked to have it added to my ACE transcript. I also did Penn Foster Info Lit, and am having that added to the ACE transcript. One other class I will take is Eng101 through Straighterline, which I will have added to the ACE transcript. Since the number of ACE credits will be limited for students enrolling after October 1, I may try to get a few more general credits added before that deadline. I have applied, not yet enrolled. You can submit ACE credits with your application or after applying. Hope this helps...
- Jun 12, '12 by HA_LPNOkay so you only took ec a&p exam, did you focus on their study material or you use an a&p2 book. I was thinking of taking it at a local college but it will cost over $300 maybe taking the test will be better. Also is the credit earn for the excelsior a&p transferable to other school?