The Excelsior College Distance Learning ADN Program: Facts, Answers, and Links - page 6
I thought I’d compile some basic information/answers to the questions we see here over and over. This is a work in progress. Please feel free to point out any errors. Thanks! 1. Excelsior College (EC) ADN grads are not... Read More
- 1Aug 11, '13 by smilechaserThis is a great source of information! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!! Just amazing!!
I have been wanting to do distance learning for years and just couldn't put all the information together! Local colleges offer nothing that works with my employment schedule.
Can you tell me more about the clinical exam at the end. I worry about all the work/money being in vain if I can't pass that!?!?!?
- 0Sep 16, '13 by Pixie.RN, BSN, RN, EMT-P Senior ModeratorQuote from smilechaserThat is an issue with EC - the Clinical Performance in Nursing Exam (CPNE) can be daunting, and people do fail out if the program after the max number if attempts (three). I don't recommend EC for everyone if you have traditional alternatives. But people do pass the CPNE, many on the first attempt. It's kind of a big gamble.Can you tell me more about the clinical exam at the end. I worry about all the work/money being in vain if I can't pass that!?!?!?
- 4Sep 25, '13 by RN2BE2016I too thought that I wouldn't go through this program. But I weighed my options: (1) Spend 2-3 days in classes and clinical while trying to juggle a work schedule or (2) Spend no days in class and work the hours I want while self-educating myself. I choose option 2
- 1May 15 by CKPM2RNOh my god! Finally I hear from someone who has been through this all the way as I am 3 exams away from CPNE and FCCA and I am getting scared. It is absolutely correct that this is not for everyone, only someone who can schedule study time, create their own study plan off of a syllabus and a list of books and who can not take every excuse to go play when studying needs to be done.
FYI-I did try to go to traditional school first but the nursing program would have been nearly impossible since I am addicted to food and shelter and couldn't change my job to fit school. (Plus, how would I pay for it with no job?)
- 0Oct 14 by Raven.AnnalisaDoes anyone know what pre-reqs I should take prior to enrolling to Excelsior.
Just a clear list of pre-reqs would be GREAT! I wanna hold off with the enrollment fee as long as possible since I just became an LVN and I am SHORT on $.
Whenever I call the admissions counselors they want you to enroll first prior to telling you a course plan of study.
Thanks in advance!!!