Very high BGL .... thoughts? - Page 3Register Today!
- Nov 14, '12 by squatmunkie_RNNovolog TID with meals usually solves that.
- Nov 18, '12 by ClearBlueOctoberSkyAre the supplementals sugar free? Even if they are, they might still cause increases in the BGLs.
- Nov 20, '12 by Esme12Ahhhh....may thoughts are for his family. Bless you for caring so much!
- Dec 4, '12 by victorcrIf all labs and testing are check and no s/s of infection or anything r/t, the pt should have his insulin regimen changed. Ask to recieve info on basal testing, carb ratios, insulin sensitivety e.ct.
- Dec 27, '12 by mammac5I realize this case is closed, so to speak, since the passing of the gentleman in question. I would just like to add that I am very impressed with the original poster. Kudos to you for using your critical thinking skills in considering what may have been causing this g'man (previously undiagnosed with DM) to exhibit very high and hard to control blood glucose. I have worked with loads of experienced RNs who do not put that much thought into the care of their diabetic patients and you really are to be commended!