Passed! RN BSN . Interview lined upRegister Today!
- by twinjeep97 Oct 8, '12I passed the NCLEX last week and l started to apply to nearby hospitals. I got a call day after submitting application. In OHIO , new grads with BSN are being hired like crazy regardless of experience. However , on the job training and precepting allows "new grad nurses" to ask for as much orientation as needed..... My main concern is choosing the right career path. I have always been interested in Endocrinology particularly DM. Before choosing to work in this area can any nurses out there describe this specialty, additional certifications... EtcBtw this site has been so helpful while in nursing school. I truly appreciate the time and effort of so many nurses on this board!! You all rock!Thanks!!
- Oct 9, '12 by CDEWannaBeYou can work with diabetic patients in many hospitals, doctors' offices and long term care facilities. Many nurses with experience working with diabetic patients become Certified Diabetes Educators. More info on the qualifications is on this link.
Congratulations on passing the NCLEX and good luck in your job search.
- Oct 10, '12 by classicdameGood luck! Diabetes is becoming an epidemic in the USA, so you will see many even outside of the endocrinology dept. of a hospital. I recommend learning to be a nurse first, then concentrating on accreditation. Good luck!
- Oct 10, '12 by rejojoi have got an interview as a diabetes specialist nurse i need to do a presantation on "[COLOR=red]What Skills can you bring to change the diabetes tea” plz help [/COLOR]
- Oct 11, '12 by CDEWannaBeDo you mean diabetes team? Well, what skills can you bring?