What to do?!Register Today!
- by shopaholic42488 Jun 1Hey girls! So I was hired in the ICU at my hospital. I thought it was my dream job. I tried forcing myself to like it. That didn't last long. I hate it! I picked up time yesterday in IMC and absolutely loved it. I actually smiled and meant it! I emailed my boss because there is a position opened and she said we will talk on monday. I am nervous and don't know what to say. I appreciate her letting me train there and I thought it was the right thing, but It wasn't. I want to provide good care to my patients and the only way I can do that is if I enjoy my job.
- Jun 9 by MLB4So, how did the meeting go?
Do what makes you happy!
- I talked to her on the phone Monday. Said I was a disappointment and wasted money to train. I am a mess. I need full time
- Jun 9 by Sun0408Is your boss over the IMC also, if not I can see why she is upset. However, don't let her stop you from being happy in your job. You are not the first nor the last to want to leave. Can you contact the NM of that unit or HR and do an internal transfer ??
- I have to wait until 6 months is up, which will be in August.
- Jun 9 by Sun0408Did you know that before you talked to your boss?? If that is policy, you may just have to wait and hope you can transfer. Some NM's will try to write you up so you can't transfer. I had a NM like that, she was wicked wicked, if she got wind of anyone wanting to transfer she would write them up to block the transfer or fire them.
Keep your head low til August, if and I do say IF things get rocky, start looking for another job..
- The main reason why I want to transfer is because I found out I am pregnant and need full time. I can't take the chances of getting cancelled. I love in Worcester mass but travel to Springfield everyday to work. I'm so stressed! She said she would consider me for transfer.
- Jun 17 by ktlizWhat do you dislike about ICU? What did you like about IMCU?
- Jun 17 by shopaholic42488I don't like the stress that I am feeling everyday. I a more in my comfort zone in imc or med surg. I like talking to my patients and in icu you really cant