Shock trauma RN...BSN preferred?Register Today!
- by tpowers77 Jul 3Hi all. I am volunteering in the TRU this summer at shock trauma in Baltimore and plan to pursue a career as either an RN or a trauma tech, and I was wondering, is the TRU in shock trauma BSN preferred? Will they hire nurses with an associates degree and years of experience in an ICU or will they completely overlook you if you don't have a BSN. Any input from anyone who has worked there in the past or currently does would be awesome
- 1,554 Views
- Jul 3 by i<3uI was recently hired as an ADN but I'll be on a critical care floor in the STC, not the TRU. You might want to look at some of their job postings online but from my understanding you need experience in the ICU or ER for the TRU. Don't quote me on that though, because I was hired as a new grad, associate's degree nurse with no experience (outside of clinical) on a floor like the one I was hired for, or a hospital, in general. Also, my clinical experience was in smaller hospitals.
- My friend just left there, she does not have a BSN but had 2 years trauma ICU experience as well as TNCC when she was hired for that unit.
- Thank you for your answer! I have done some research and all of the job openings say BSN preferred...now if that really means BSN required is another thing I'll have to do my research on. Thank you again and good luck in the STC!
- Do you know how long ago she was hired???
- do you know how long ago she was hired?
- About 8 months ago, she just left about 3 months ago to came back home.
- Is she an RN with an ADN?
- Yes, RN with her ADN
- Jul 3 by i<3uQuote from tpowers77No problem. I believe the position that I applied for said 'BSN preferred'. If that's the case & you think that you'll have a good chance of getting a call back (& you meet the requirements), why not apply? Good luck!Thank you for your answer! I have done some research and all of the job openings say BSN preferred...now if that really means BSN required is another thing I'll have to do my research on. Thank you again and good luck in the STC!