Which ICU job to take?Register Today!
- by cudasandy Apr 20, '11I am a new grad with previous experience in multiple ICUs, include CV, MS, and Neuro, at a level II trauma center. I have recently been offered two jobs. I am so thankful and lucky to have options, but I'm having difficulty deciding! The first job is in an ICU (mixed patients) at a level II trauma center that requires a 16 month internship with a 3 year commitment. The second job is in an SICU that is not a trauma center with a year commitment.
Pros and Cons? Suggestions?
- 1,174 Views
- Apr 20, '11 by traumaRUsAre you experienced or new grad? Was unsure.
I would go with the level II trauma center for the variety and complexity of cases.
- Apr 21, '11 by cudasandyI'm a new grad with tech experience only in ICUs. I was leaning more towards the trauma center, but I'm hesitant because of the commitment. It's located in an area that I wanted to move out of.
- Apr 21, '11 by traumaRUsThe 16 month internship is a godsend in these hard times. I wouldn't pass up that opportunity quickly.
- Apr 21, '11 by cudasandythat's so true! thank you!
- May 13, '11 by stram87I would take the level II trauma center. Seems like you will get a better experience. What happens if you leave before the 3 years? Does the 16 months count?