Attaching hand sanitizer to Giraffe bedsRegister Today!
- by oldrobness1 May 8, '12Our NICU has limited wall space and counter space to place hand sanitizers. Our solution was to attach hand sanitizers with brackets to our Giraffe Omnibeds, cribs, and isolettes for easier access and less " disappearing" of sanitizers from counter tops. Does anyone know of other units attaching the sanitizer to the beds? Our engineering dept. will do this for us, but would like feedback from other units. Really need pictures if possible. Thanks for your help.
- 1,740 Views
- May 8, '12 by NicuGalMy only concern would be if they are under warranty, attaching something that is not manufacture issue will null the warranty. We had wanted to add these clips on ours for holding feeds and tubing and that is what were told. We have little holders attached to the walls that we just set the bottle of sanitizer in. We are in a bind for room too. Seems to be a trend unless you are private rooms! Good luck!
- May 8, '12 by oldrobness1Thanks. The manufacturer for Giraffe beds would not take a position on it except to say some places are doing it and some are not, but they didn't recommend it because they didn't make the product that would hold the sanitizer. We are thinking of maybe just using a strong double sided style of tape to attach them, that way we were not drilling into the machine or something along those lines. We will probably just move forward on the project, if so, I will let you know how it goes.
- May 9, '12 by NicuGalWe wanted to use double sided tape but our infection control people wig out at any type of tape on or in the beds. I hate how we are space limited. All these other floors are getting remodels and they always skip us....and we are the biggest money maker in the maternal child unit. We have had so many things drilled into the walls and on top of each other they just can't anymore. Ugh.
- May 11, '12 by oldrobness1Funny, this sounds all so farmiliar to the many NICU's I have worked. Yes, we are pretty anti-tape to anything also. We are going to be meeting with engineering next week to come up with a plan to make almost everyone happy, I will let you know how it goes. Thanks for your feedback.
- May 24, '12 by AnonRNCI'd be concerned about noise for the baby when the nurse pumps the dispenser.