Student Loan Reimbursments for Correctional RNsRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Student Loan Reimbursments for Correctional RNs in Correctional Nursing, part of Nursing Specialties ... Does anyone know if these programs are real? Has anyone on here actually gotten their loan...by mamayogibear Oct 27, '10Does anyone know if these programs are real? Has anyone on here actually gotten their loan dismissed because they worked at a correctional institution? If so how long did you work there and did you keep your job after your loan was payed off. Thanks for any information.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=512709©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 2,855 Views
- Dec 10, '10 by knealhi, i want would like this info also. posting so thread can make it to the top. thanks any suggestions?
- No, with California's economic status, they no longer do loan forgiveness.
- hi, where did you find that info?
- California increases loan forgiveness for nurses
Posted: March 29th, 2010 | By Jennifer Fink, RN, BSN | no comments
California State Assemblyman Steve Knight, R-Palmdale, recently introduced a bill that allows nurses to eliminate up to $40,000 of student debt — double the previous $20,000 limit. The Assembly Higher Education Committee unanimously approved the bill.
The Knight bill expands a previous loan forgiveness program that repaid up to $20,000 of a nurse’s student loans in exchange for four years of nursing service at a state prison or nursing home with a Registered Nurse vacancy rate greater than 10%.
Other states offer similar programs. Florida offers a Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program that will repay up to $4000 of nursing debt a year in exchange for nursing service. Minnesota pays up to $3750 per year, up to a maximum of $15,000 over four years. The Federal government has a Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program that wipes out 60% of qualifying student loans in exchange for two years’ service.
- The bill was just introduced, but hasn't pass...and most likely won't with the current deficit.
- hi, well although the increase isnt reflected the original $20,000. loan forgiveness is still in effect
California Student Aid Commission - State Nursing Assumption Program of Loans for Education for Nurses in State Facilities (SNAPLE NSF)
The Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program (BSNLRP) offers registered nurses with a bachelors degree in nursing education a loan repayment of up to $19,000.Health Professions Education Foundation
and federal loan forgiveness
I know my friend! I wish California wasn't where it it financially, My brother-in-law works in the CA State Senate...and I was told that we should forget about loan forgiveness for nurses just like teacher did. ;-(
- Jan 28, '11 by knealworked with a nurse today in corrections whom applied and was granted snaffle loan forgiveness, she said hardly anyone applied in 2010