Student Loan Reimbursments for Correctional RNsRegister Today!
- by mamayogibear Oct 27, '10Does anyone know if these programs are real? Has anyone on here actually gotten their loan dismissed because they worked at a correctional institution? If so how long did you work there and did you keep your job after your loan was payed off. Thanks for any information.
- Dec 10, '10 by knealhi, i want would like this info also. posting so thread can make it to the top. thanks any suggestions?
- No, with California's economic status, they no longer do loan forgiveness.
- hi, where did you find that info?
- California increases loan forgiveness for nurses
Posted: March 29th, 2010 | By Jennifer Fink, RN, BSN | no comments
California State Assemblyman Steve Knight, R-Palmdale, recently introduced a bill that allows nurses to eliminate up to $40,000 of student debt — double the previous $20,000 limit. The Assembly Higher Education Committee unanimously approved the bill.
The Knight bill expands a previous loan forgiveness program that repaid up to $20,000 of a nurse’s student loans in exchange for four years of nursing service at a state prison or nursing home with a Registered Nurse vacancy rate greater than 10%.
Other states offer similar programs. Florida offers a Nursing Student Loan Forgiveness Program that will repay up to $4000 of nursing debt a year in exchange for nursing service. Minnesota pays up to $3750 per year, up to a maximum of $15,000 over four years. The Federal government has a Nursing Education Loan Repayment Program that wipes out 60% of qualifying student loans in exchange for two years’ service.
- The bill was just introduced, but hasn't pass...and most likely won't with the current deficit.
- hi, well although the increase isnt reflected the original $20,000. loan forgiveness is still in effect
California Student Aid Commission - State Nursing Assumption Program of Loans for Education for Nurses in State Facilities (SNAPLE NSF)
The Bachelor of Science Nursing Loan Repayment Program (BSNLRP) offers registered nurses with a bachelors degree in nursing education a loan repayment of up to $19,000.Health Professions Education Foundation
and federal loan forgiveness
I know my friend! I wish California wasn't where it it financially, My brother-in-law works in the CA State Senate...and I was told that we should forget about loan forgiveness for nurses just like teacher did. ;-(
- Jan 28, '11 by knealworked with a nurse today in corrections whom applied and was granted snaffle loan forgiveness, she said hardly anyone applied in 2010