Need help! Help our specialty!Register Today!
- by BSNinTX Jun 13, '11Hello all,
I am a seven year veteran of the Federal Bureau of Prisons and Immigration Health. I am also a graduate student working on finishing my MSN. My end of program project is a descriptive study of the correctional nursing workforce.
I need nursing in the correctional specialty to participate in the survey. It will only take a few minutes and will, I hope, provide some data to help recruit and retain nurses in this area of practice. All responses are annonymous.
Please take the survey and spread the word to your peers. I am hoping to get a big sample size from across the national and across facility types. If you can spread the word to your managers and to others in your area and your system, I would very much appreciate it.
Data will be collected through the end of July, 2011.
The link to the survey is:
- Jun 17, '11 by BSNinTXThanks for those who have responded to this survey. I would love to see many more nurses participate and help shape the future of our specialty.
- Jun 27, '11 by NurseLiteDone
- Jun 27, '11 by BSNinTXThanks to everyone who has taken part in the survey. More, please!
- Jul 1, '11 by Do_GoodAre you going to post the results? I'd love to see them.
- Jul 1, '11 by BSNinTXQuote from Do_GoodI would like to make the results available, yes. I may be able to post preliminary information. The long range plan is to attempt to publish the results in one of the NCCHC journals or the ACA health care journal.Are you going to post the results? I'd love to see them.
- Jul 8, '11 by BSNinTXThe Chief Nurse for the Federal Bureau of Prisons has been gracious enough to distribute this survey to that agency's nurses.
I would love to see a lot more state prison nurses and jail nurses participate in this survey so the federal presence doens't skey the results.
Please consider participating if you have not already done so.
- Jul 27, '11 by BSNinTX71 responses so far. Just a few days of data collection left. Can you help me get over 100 respondants?