advice on LA county Sheriff RN exam - Page 2Register Today!
- Jul 18 by laurbaksgood luck everyone that's taken the exam already!
My exam is scheduled next week, July 23, 2011. Does anyone have tips on how to study for this? Is there a study guide posted somewhere?
Also: Is it a written exam (fill in the blanks/essays) or multiple choice?
- Jul 25 by ArmennavetHey Guys how did your test go any advise pleasseee!!
- Jul 30 by RitaRN27Okay, i just got a notification for my exam date. I am a bit worried as to how to prepare. Any suggestions? Anything I should look out for? is there any sort of study guide?
- Aug 2 by NewGradRN77Hi Rita,
On the job post it says what type of subjects (in general) the written test will be over... (if that helps)
- Aug 5 by JohnDeyetHi, I took the test July 11th and there is NO study guide--which kinda sucks. LOL. But, having taken the test already, I would say to review some NCLEX book, not all of it, but some. The test was multiple choice, 80 some questions and it was mixture of everything. All systems, plus nursing process. So you have surgery, diabetes, icp/neuro, fluids&electro, math questions, assessment, priority questions, ext... it has everything. like nclex, but not multiple multiple choices which is good. There is a math guide on their site, but its worthless, i only had 2 math questions and they were d/h questions and easy... and the rest 80 questions were content from everything learned in school. Good luck.
- Aug 6 by LamjammcgeeWOW, looks like they have been testing for a while. I have a date to test Aug 9th. A bit nervous for test.
Any idea where the test falls in the application process, because i applied 2 months ago, I thought they had passed me over long ago.
- Aug 9 by JohnDeyetgood luck Lamjammcgee
- Aug 10 by LamjammcgeeQuote from JohnDeyetThanx JohnDeyet, tool the test today, you sure forget a lot in 8 months when you not using it. There were 50 in my test and i have seen 3 other dates for sure so there has probably been hundreds of folks tested. No holding out hope, but who knows.good luck Lamjammcgee
- Aug 11 by LamjammcgeeQuote from JohnDeyetHey John, did you get your county results yet? they told us when i took the test in the (th 3 weeks for results.@NewGrad77, I will post when i get them and hopefully its good news. See you here in about a month...
also do you know th whole process? I read that after passing test there is an interview, then that total score to be placed in the "hirable pool" but does all of this end in a job or just a possibility of a job?
I know the county has a lot of steps involved in the process and the probable interview a ton of folks, they can't possibly employ all of us.
- Aug 26 by JohnDeyetHi ya! I got the results today and passed with 84%. Lets see whats the next step. anyone else get results?