Ugh ExperienceRegister Today!
- by Lpnkerry Dec 3, '12I dont understand employers. I am a new Lpn grad and I am applying everwhere possible whether they are hiring are not and all I hear is "u need 6mons-1yrs." how I am to get it if no one gives me a chance. I am 32 and when I was in high school u could find a job without degree. but now they say get a degree and when u pay all that money no one wants to hire. I dont get it. Nursing programs advertise about nursing shortage but they are just lying to get your money. There are 100 lpn/Rn going after the same position in one facility. Even experience nurses are having a hard time. I'm ready to work so I can make money while making a difference.
- Dec 3, '12 by classics70sMy sentiments exactly. And it's very frustrating, how can one gain experience if not given the chance.
- Dec 17, '12 by malamud69Just a suggestion...little things add up...I hope when you apply you actually spell out the word "you" instead of writing "u"...these things matter...and, hang in there..take what you can even perdiem or PT to get a foot in the door.
- Dec 21, '12 by Lpnkerryyes my resume is professional without errors. when i post in forums i take short cuts but thanks for the pointers. and i am not picky at all. i will take what i get.
- Dec 24, '12 by malamud69Great! I am currently a PCT in a local hospital...took me a year of applying for "every" opening while I worked in a LTC...almost done with nursing school...but finally got a call for 4 positions...it can be done.