UCONN MEIN 2012-2013 - page 5
by alaboringstart 28,265 Views | 110 Comments
Hi everyone...anyone :-)Anyone applying or applied for UCONN for the 2013 MEIN class? Looking for others to share the nail-bitting experience with!!... Read More
- 0Sep 20, '12 by HeidiM27For those that got into the Storrs campus program- is anyone looking to relocate there? I'm currently looking into moving into the area (so I dont have to commute) and am trying to get an idea of what students in this program do. After receiving the acceptance letter in July, I finally called to get more info and found out the Open House is October 19 Very excited!! Anyone else planning on going?
- 0Sep 20, '12 by naroseHeidiI'm looking to move into the area too! I've been looking at a few apartment complexes and have been keeping an eye on Craigslist for anything. Tomorrow im going to scout out a few apartment complexes to see how they are. The prices are a lot more reasonable for a 2 or 3 bedroom if you share My email is firstname.lastname@example.org. NicoleLast edit by Silverdragon102 on Sep 24, '12 : Reason: pm to member
- 0Sep 20, '12 by AjbernierFound out today via email that I will be joining the Waterbury mein program in January! Super excited! I was going to wait to here from Quinnipiac, but I feel confident that the mein program will be the best fit for me since I would like to continue with grad school. Does anyone know the most current pass rate for the nclex? Any personal reviews of their experiences? I look forward to meeting you all on October 19th
- 0Sep 21, '12 by alaboringstartHi Ajbernier! Congrats! There are some mixed reviews on other forums about the MEIN program, not much per se on NCLEX pass rate, which is good question. Maybe we will find out at orientation:-) And as we go through the program, we can add our experiences to the forum for future students!!
- 0Sep 21, '12 by UConnEncoreHi everyone! Congrats to all those who have heard good news! I got my email and I will be joining the group at the Storrs campus!
I don't know any official numbers for the NCLEX pass rate, but I have friends who were in the program both at Storrs and Waterbury and they told me they felt prepared for the exam and passed on the first try. They had no problems finding jobs afterwards and that was before it was a BSN program.
Good luck to those still waiting! Keep checking your emails!
- 0The disorganization of the admissions definitely runs into the rest of the program...but it is manageable. It's tiring and confusing at first but you learn how to deal with it. It seems like a lot of the faculty involved do not communicate or don't do so well - so it's best to ask a lot of questions!
- 0Quote from alaboringstartTo my knowledge the entire file has to be complete for them to review your application - every last grade has to be in. It's certainly worth a shot to ask about it - I'd recommend calling, not emailing, as they are either slow to respond or may lose your email (UConn's email system is pretty abysmal)Hi Ajbernier!Welcome to the group! I'm glad to hear this forum has been helpful thus far! Hopefully more info will be added along the way as we learn more about the process and the program. I have not come across anyone with provisional acceptance for this program, although, its actually not a bad idea. Maybe you can call/email the school and ask.... From what I recall from the info session is that your file must be complete in order to be reviewed. But, you never know, especially if they are not organized as others have mentioned. I would contact them. Goodluck!
MEIN student 2012
- 0Quote from nursestudent27If there is no space in the 2013 cohort you WILL be automatically enrolled in the 2014 cohort. If there are no spaces at your preferred location you MAY be offered a spot for 2013 at another campus if they have room - this is what happened to me.Hi. This is my first-ever post on allnurses. I applied for MEIN in June, but my prerequisites were not complete, so I was told that they would be unable to review my application at that time. Fortunately, I managed to get everything done by the August deadline; now I am just waiting and crossing my fingers. Has anybody else received a reply yet? Is it too soon to begin following up with them via email or phone? I, too, have noticed that they tend to be disorganized. I don't even know if there is still space in the 2013 cohort. If not, do you know if they accept people for January 2014 (or do they just reject you)? My first choice is the Waterbury campus.
Thanks so much! Good luck everybody!
MEIN student 2012