UCONN MEIN 2012-2013 - page 4
by alaboringstart 28,257 Views | 110 Comments
Hi everyone...anyone :-)Anyone applying or applied for UCONN for the 2013 MEIN class? Looking for others to share the nail-bitting experience with!!... Read More
- 0Sep 9, '12 by UConnEncoreHi! I've also been lurking on these forums for awhile and this is my first post. I'm waiting to hear for the "August" review. I have to agree with the disorganization of the admissions department. In their defense they did change offices over the summer and they have had some staffing changes. I know all this because they lost two important pieces of my application and waited until August 29th to let me know! So after several trips to UConn, I know that the August review was actually conducted on September 6th.
My recommendation to anyone applying is to go in person and speak with someone in admissions. I can't count how many emails I've sent to different people in the department that went unanswered.
Good luck to everyone waiting for the review! Hopefully we'll hear soon!
- 0Sep 10, '12 by clf9317Hi MEINstudent
Congrats on starting your last semester..the end is in sight! I am starting the program in 2013 and am curious about the actual start date. Did you start in the beginning of January or with the normal college semester? Also, did you manage to get sufficient financial aid? (I know that might be a bit personal, but just curious)And, the list of everything you need to buy, are there other ways to get them instead of purchasing them from the school? Thanks for any help/advice!!!
- 0Sep 10, '12 by alaboringstartHi everyone! Welcome newcomers :-) ! I do hope we start to hear back soon! I can't speak for everyone, but I have not heard from the school since the email asking that deposits not be sent in until further instruction. I'm guessing it was due to the move and change in staff. All of this is unsettling but understandable (maybe, lol). Let's hope that those waiting to hear from the August review will hear back this week and then maybe as a cohort we will hear about what steps to take next (fingers crossed :-) ) Hang in there everyone!
- 0Sep 14, '12 by alaboringstartSoooo, how's everyone doing :-)?! (lol, as crickets chirp in the background). Has everyone worn down the path between their front door and mailbox yet? :-) Any newcomers to the cohort?!?! I hope so:-) Well, we are already a little over a month away from our full day orientation. Where did time go?!
- 0Sep 18, '12 by nme1217Hi!! I had no idea about a full day orientation. Now I'm nervous I didn't get something I should have! I live in Boston and work full time.. do you know what day it is? I would need to try and get that day off ASAP! I havent received anything in the mail since my acceptance letter. I'm going to try calling tomorrow and see what I can find out. It's realllly hard to plan ahead for the next year of our lives when we have no dates, no set financial breakdown, etc etc! I'm so anxious to get all the info we need! Alaboringstart, if you got a letter do you mind sharing what details (if any)it had about orientation, etc? Thanks!!! So glad we have forums like this. Atleast I know I'm not the only one feeling anxious about everything!
- 0Sep 18, '12 by finniousHi all, I am also waiting for a reply regarding the Mein 2013 program. I finally found out about the full day orientation after several calls and emails. The orientation is Oct 19 from 8 am to 5:30 pm. Not sure where or what we need to bring. If anyone else has any info feel free to share. We are all very anxious and excited. Look forward to meeting you all.
- 0Sep 18, '12 by nme1217Thank you for the info. So you never received a letter right? You found out through email/calls? I'm REALLY excited to start this program but at the same time i'm feeling really lost/nervous/anxious because i feel like theres such a disconnect in comparison to other schools that have online applications where you can check your status, get constant updates, etc! I hope they mail us out SOMETHING soon. Its hard to plan ahead for anything when you have no clue what to plan for! I too look forward to meeting everyone
- 0Sep 19, '12 by naroseHi Everyone! I'm accepted into the Storrs MEIN program for 2013. I agree with everyone that the admissions department has been lacking in organization. It's made everything about this experience that much more stressful than need be.
The "worn path" to my mailbox has become a trench. I know that they were planning on sending out more information at the beginning of THIS week so if they stick to what they said we should be expecting something in the mail ANY DAY NOW!
Also is anyone looking for housing in the area? I'm going to have to move to the area and if anyone else is, let me know! I'm pretty familiar with the area, my best friend from college lives only fifteen minutes from the Storrs campus so I've been keeping an eye on ads for apartments that are relatively close to Storrs.
- 0Sep 19, '12 by MB2009Hi Everyone!
I got accepted to the Avery Point campus for the 2013 class. SO EXCITED!!! I called and spoke to the Nursing dept and they told me that the orientation is on Friday, Oct 19th from 8:30am to 5pm at Storrs. They said they are waiting on some information before they can send out the information packets. Trying hard to be patient!!
Looking forward to meeting you all!