UCONN MEIN 2012-2013 - page 3
Hi everyone...anyone :-)Anyone applying or applied for UCONN for the 2013 MEIN class? Looking for others to share the nail-bitting experience with!!... Read More
- 0Aug 30, '12 by MEINstudentCongratulations, everyone. I am in the MEIN 2012 class, and just started the last semester.
At least two applications (one of them mine) from my class were lost last summer. The committee meets in July of each year for the last time, so if anyone is still awaiting a letter, you should call them asap. Last summer, during their final meeting for the 2012 school year, the committee never saw my application because it was left in an untouched pile on someone's desk. Thankfully, when I brought that to someone's attention, they reviewed it and admitted me. Same thing happened to one of my classmates. The program is very disorganized, but I think there are plenty of spots for anyone qualified to attend.
- 0Sep 3, '12 by mac05032My admissions process didn't go so well either - I had originally been accepted for the 2011 class but they lost my acceptance of their offer to join the class...so I got shunted to the 2012 class. Not the end of the world but very distressing and disappointing at the time. My advice is to keep on them - definitely call rather than email too - and make sure everything has been received and reviewed. They just finished remodeling the School of Nursing building so hopefully they will be a little more organized going forward.
It's been a good experience over all - it's just the program's disorganization that gets irritating after a while. They also tell you to buy an incredible amount of books, uniforms, supplies etc etc etc so you are hemorrhaging money all year - better save up . It is really intense and it will be your life almost 24/7 for the whole year - but you learn a lot. I'd be happy to tell you what you do and don't actually have to buy once they give you that terrible list towards the start of the program.
MEIN 2012 student, Storrs
- 0Sep 3, '12 by alaboringstartHi Everyone!September is upon and hopefully all those who applied for the August review are starting to hear back:-)Thanks for your feedback Melissa! Its good to hear from past/current MEIN students! I'm sure many people on this forum (including the lurkers :-) ) have a lot of questions that you guys/gals can help us future students with. Did you feel the disorganization of the admissions process also trickled into how the program was run? Also, what was your typical week in the program like?
- 0Sep 5, '12 by AjbernierHello everyone! I just joined and your comments have been very helpful. I applied to the August review but I am still currently taking my last prerequisite, so I'm very nervous. I'm hoping my GPA will get me a provisional acceptance...if they really do make those. Was anyone accepted who was still completing classes? I'm also applying to Yale as my second choice and Quinnipiac but I'm still crossing my fingers for uconn.
- 0Sep 7, '12 by alaboringstartHi Ajbernier!Welcome to the group! I'm glad to hear this forum has been helpful thus far! Hopefully more info will be added along the way as we learn more about the process and the program. I have not come across anyone with provisional acceptance for this program, although, its actually not a bad idea. Maybe you can call/email the school and ask.... From what I recall from the info session is that your file must be complete in order to be reviewed. But, you never know, especially if they are not organized as others have mentioned. I would contact them. Goodluck!
- 0Sep 7, '12 by suzanna.slaterHello,
I have been trying to find information on UCONN's accelerated nursing program for the last hour and I'm having little to no luck. When are applications due and when are start dates for the program ? When is the start date for 2013 specifically ? Or perhaps someone could send me a current site for the program ? Thank you !!!!
- 0Sep 8, '12 by nursestudent27Hi. This is my first-ever post on allnurses. I applied for MEIN in June, but my prerequisites were not complete, so I was told that they would be unable to review my application at that time. Fortunately, I managed to get everything done by the August deadline; now I am just waiting and crossing my fingers. Has anybody else received a reply yet? Is it too soon to begin following up with them via email or phone? I, too, have noticed that they tend to be disorganized. I don't even know if there is still space in the 2013 cohort. If not, do you know if they accept people for January 2014 (or do they just reject you)? My first choice is the Waterbury campus.
Thanks so much! Good luck everybody!
- 0Sep 8, '12 by nursestudent27Classes get started 2013 is January, but I don't know if they will accept applications at this point. They have 3 application dates per year: January 31, June 30, and August 31. They offer the program at 4 different locations throughout the state. The program's website isn't the best, but it's a good starting point (Master’s Entry into Nursing (MEIN) | School of Nursing).
Best of luck!