UCONN MEIN 2012-2013 - page 10
Hi everyone...anyone :-)Anyone applying or applied for UCONN for the 2013 MEIN class? Looking for others to share the nail-bitting experience with!!... Read More
- 0Nov 17, '12 by vbarth11Quote from nme1217Any luck with the Facebook Group?OK, I sent a message to fb about the group not being searchable, I guess that can happen and under 'help' it said to send them a message so hopefully they help me fix the issue tomorrow! Did you get the email they just sent out tonight, a little while ago?
- 0Nov 20, '12 by alaboringstartStill could not find the group:-(How's everyone feeling (other than broke lol)?! We're just weeks away!!! To answer someone's earlier post, I decided to go with the ebooks. It will take some time getting used to but they made the price more attractive than the hard copies. And since we're moving more and more into all things electronic, this may be the best time to start adapting to new ways of learning, IMO :-)
- 0Nov 27, '12 by nme1217SORRY! I never got any response back from FB and I submitted two error reports/help messages. I've talked to some other people who had the same problem before after creating a group on FB (for some reason its impossible to find with a search!) This forum doesn't allow me to post the direct link, so any ideas on where I can do that so people can click right to it from there, let me know! I'll try anything!
- 1Nov 27, '12 by UConnEncoreto answer tnt's question: I don't know of anyone in the program with a gpa less than 3.0, but as long as your pre-requisite grades are stellar they will probably overlook a lower bachelor's gpa.
nme: I can't find the facebook group... maybe once there are more people added it will show up? I have no idea how the "groups" work! maybe you could email the link through the UConn listserv? I think most people would be interested in joining.
ajbernier: I have the same stupid question! They said we needed 2 scrub tops because there are 2 clinical days a week... so that made me think, no. Then we ordered a t-shirt to wear to lab only. So that means we must wear our uniforms to lab... I'm so confused! I hope we can wear normal clothes to class, I don't want to have to wash my scrubs twice a week! For shoes, I think the main requirement is white. She said Crocs were ok, but she didn't recommend them because they don't offer much support.
- 0Nov 28, '12 by MB2009Hey guys!
We do not have to wear our uniforms to class. We only have to wear them to clinicals and lab. :-) As far as shoes, I heard them say that they need to be white with leather over the top and toe. I ordered Dansko's ProXP and they are super comfortable. Dansko's are around $120 to $140, but they offer great support and its worth it to have comfortable shoes for our 10 hour clinical days!
To address the question about gpa...yes they do admit students with a gpa under the 3.0 if you have excellent grades in the pre-requisite classes.
Getting excited to start!!