The Rundown: Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing - Page 4Register Today!
- May 7 by vivinursingstudentThank you Jeana18!!!!
I'm very positive!! But you know, sometimes those bad feelings come around lol
I'm 30 and I cant go back home for 2 reasons: 1 I'm marriage 2 my parents live in Brazil! hahahha
But I'm applying for every single scholarship that crosses my way! lol at least to cover the other classes that we have to take, besides the ones at the hospital... and as soon as we have the BHSN meeting during the summer, and they show me the loan options (or option as you said) I'll def. take it! I have been saving up as well while I still can work full time, but I'm so scared of not being able to find a part time job, and stuff like that.... As you said, I'll stay positive!!! My hubby and I are hard workers, and I'm sure we will do it together!!!
Leave a CommentThanks again for you advices!!!!
Good luck to us all !!!
Quote from Jeana18Well don't get too discouraged. It's a lot of hard work to manage it all but I keep telling myself that in the end it will all be worth it all. Trust me, I was lucky that my mom offered to let me move back home, so I got to avoid the rent issue. But I still have plenty of other bills.
- Try to apply for a Wells Fargo loan; only one the school takes
- If your 24, you may get some aid. So still do your FAFSA.
- Find a flexible job; maybe a per diem in a hospital would work too.
- Apply for scholarships.
- Stay positive!
- May 7 by JustMe28cablefree: You said one of the clinical competencies is changing IVs do they teach how to start an IV? I'm curious because I've been told other schools don't do that.
- May 7 by Jeana18Your very welcome. Keep applying for the scholarships, and besides FAFSA there's not too many options as far as funding due to the program being a Diploma program. But just keep working hard!
Also, if you need some courses (not the Science ones) I would consider doing it via CLEP. I CLEP'd my Child Psych & Development with the "Human Growth and Development" CLEP Exam and passed. That easy and it's only like $100
- May 7 by vivinursingstudentWow it sounds great!!! I'm trying to transfer those classes from my previous bachelor, from Brazil. If it doesnt work, Ill def. look into it!!!
Quote from Jeana18Your very welcome. Keep applying for the scholarships, and besides FAFSA there's not too many options as far as funding due to the program being a Diploma program. But just keep working hard!
Also, if you need some courses (not the Science ones) I would consider doing it via CLEP. I CLEP'd my Child Psych & Development with the "Human Growth and Development" CLEP Exam and passed. That easy and it's only like $100Last edit by vivinursingstudent on May 7
- May 14 by JustMe28Can anyone currently attending BHSN tell us what the hours are for the 2 lecture days. Are they half day like 8-12?
- May 14 by Jeana18Honestly there's no set times. It depends on the course, the material, changes during the week, etc. it's typically from 8-3pm on most days and that's twice a week. Some days your may be out earlier but don't count on it. Hope this helps. We cover a lot of material in a short amount of time so lectures are typically long since its only twice a week (:
- Jul 19 by TOUMANHey all!!
I am closing my service in the Peace Corps in Nov and want to get my application finished before the Sept deadline. Any insight as to what they look for on an application? Also, I have been out of high school for 10 years, do I really have to submit my high school transcripts along with my college (I have a Bachelors of Science)? Do they consider undergraduate gpa?
- Aug 4 by coralgThe school website says I need to take the pre-requisite classes at Bridgeport Commuinity College if I am enrolling in the associates program. However I plan to pursue the Baccalaureate of Sciences degree.
Do I still need to go to BCC or is it integrated into the course at BHSN? Thanks for the help.