Ready to Apply CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2012 - page 10
by CJ223 71,803 Views | 774 Comments
ooops... the other one had 2011 instead of 2012... let's try this again: Just thought I would start a new thread for the current application cycle. Questions... stats... rumors... etc! My question is... for those applying... Read More
- 0Apr 1, '12 by saramisujrsl- doesn't matter if you have a bachelors, they rank everything based on the mentioned criteria to make it "fair". It doesn't even matter if you have health care experience, they base it solely on grades and TEAS exam scores.
Stef - 2 years is really long for an LPN program, but unfortunately, I think I have run out of the patience to wait, hahah. It took me 3.5 years to finish my pre-reqs (im sure im not the only one) so I am ready to do this, but that wouldn't be ideal at all. Have you considered accelerated programs as a back up plan? where did you apply?
At the last information session I attended, the woman coordinating it said about 160 seats at CCC. I believe it is either the largest, or second largest.
NGPAs never posted, i'm not sure why they've taken the entire thing down. I find it really strange. Wouldn't it save them time and money to allow us to check online?
Aye. Well, we're down to the final week. Yikes.
Good luck to all, it's been really, really helpful to have this forum. Keep the posts coming this week, I know i'll need them!
- 0Apr 1, '12 by motostephSo i was looking at the fall 2012 course listings on mycommnet and it shows that you can register for one of the two offered NUR* H101 INTRO TO NSG courses. The listings offer 63 and 62 seats for a grand total of 125 spots. I am willing to bet that is the applicant number nvcc is accepting. Oh boy.
- 0Apr 2, '12 by mssjezCapital is accepting about 160 Nursing students to begin in the fall. But they did have 400 applicants but who knows how many applicants didn't have all the requirements or had the bare minimum. I wonder if they removed the status updates from mycommnet because last year they had a mess up and acceptances got posted too soon by accident. My friend was speaking with a counselor at CCC and was told the letters would be mailed on Monday the 9th. So close and so far away! Good luck everyone!!
- 0Apr 2, '12 by nef203Hi All,
Saramisu... i applied to northwestern cc in winsted... it is 16 mo and class is on tue, fri, sat.... I am praying I get in but there are only two spots.... I wish i applied ot Bridgeport hosp too but it is sort of late... as far as accelerated programs they are so expensive! i looked into quinippiac and southern has a program but it is super competitive.
- 0Apr 2, '12 by nef203[QUOTE=saramisu;6318944]Whoa, only two spots at NWCC? I was considering it as my second choice, but I decided I wanted to have a summer break, although, now i'm kind of regretting not doing it, because what's one summer break when you can finish early.[/QUOTE
there are 32 spots! it goes jan 2013 - may of 2015 straight though. you do get two week breaks i think.... what was your first choice?
- 0Apr 2, '12 by saramisumy first choice was CCC because I live in the northeast corner, making any other commute nearly impossible. I would love it if Manchester or Asnuntuck were one of the 6, but Hartford isn't a bad drive at all for me. In any case, I'd be happy to get into any of them!!Anyone taking micro right now? I have an exam on the antibiotics tomorrow, can't wait to dump them, at least for the next few weeks. Just a random thought/diversion.