Grad nurse jobs in ctRegister Today!
- by classics70s Jun 9, '12Wondering if anyone applied to UConn health center or hartford hospital grad nurse residency program? If so, have you heard back?
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=740284©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 3,649 Views
- Jun 9, '12 by mattfd37There is nothing at UCONN and haven't heard from Hartford since 5/16. I heard that Yale will be on a hiring freeze come late July when they officially buy St Ray's.
- Jun 9, '12 by classics70sWow. Feeling like I'm in the same boat. I applied to UConn back in feb, they had a grad nursing job posted. Seeing we're in June and I am yet to hear anything, I was wondering about others. Same nothing with Hartford. And I recently, 3 weeks ago, applied to Yale---too bad about the job freeze.
- Jun 12, '12 by AlikatzI applied to St. Francis, UConn, and The Hospital of Central Connecticut grad nurse programs back in February. Nothing from St. Francis (in fact an HR employee who is a friend of the family told me they preferred BSN new grads and since there were many to choose from they could pass up on hiring ASN (what I have, going for BSN next year). I did call HR twice about UConn one month and then 2 months after applying to keep in touch and HR said they were in the process of setting up interviews for those students who already work there and then would go down the list, etc. They usually don't have tons of positions open, so I'm sure they filled up fast. When May hit I figured that all three hospitals probably already had their summer grad residency programs set up, but I got a call for an interview from The Hospital of Central Connecticut for a position in Labor and Delivery last week, interviewed, and was offered the position yesterday (there were 100's of applicants for it though, so they're not kidding when they say it's extremely competitive out there)!! I start with Orientation as a GN on Monday! So what I'm saying is it definitely IS possible, don't give up, keep pushing forward. You will get jobs, it may not be immediately, but you will.
- Jun 13, '12 by classics70sCongrats. Praying the best on your first day. It's def a brutal job marketing but with my head up,I will continue the search and applying to places. THANKS
- Jun 13, '12 by AlikatzThank you! Keep on pushing ahead and you will find a position. Just do what you said, keep your head up!
- Jul 22, '12 by a16sRNI applied to the Hartford residency program, and HR said they would forward my resume to the nurse manager. Never heard back from them about it. However, a nurse recruiter from Hartford recently emailed me and asked if I was interested in another position and forwarded my email to another nurse manager. Haven't heard back yet - I'm sure I'm competing with experienced nurses and probably don't have the best of chances, but who knows. Maybe your resume will be recycled back somehow. Good luck!
- Jul 23, '12 by classics70sExactly who knows. I hope you hear back soon. It's really good though you were contacted by HR, in my opinion thats a good sign. Especially since they seem to be holding onto your resume. I'm still without a job been on a few interviews but nothing. Waiting again to hear back from two hospitals.
- Jul 28, '12 by a16sRNHave you interviewed with any SNFs? I talked to the recruiter at Hartford and she "strongly recommended" taking a skilled nursing position to get that patient contact. You could work there and then try for the hospital again?
- Jul 28, '12 by classics70sAre SNFs the same as LTC? If so, I interviewed at two but no offer and applied to many many others but heard nothing.