Getting ready to apply: CT Community Colleges- Nursing Program 2013 - Page 24Register Today!
- Mar 23 by NAM2bRNDoes anyone know how many spots there are in the community college nursing programs. I applied to Gateway and just checked their course search for Fall 2013 and in Nurs 101 it shows 48. Does this mean there is only 48 spots? I'm really not sure if I'm reading the course search correctly. Any insight would be great.
- Mar 23 by NurseWannaBe86NAM2bRN: I just checked, yes it says 48. Not sure if that's all they accepting...some colleges, such as Norwalk, accept about 100 students, but divided into 2 semesters. so 50 start in the fall, another 50 in the spring. they all get accepted at the same time, but are assigned to one semester to start. It is not many. My NVCC accepts 125, but we went down to 108 (now in NUR 102). People drop out quickly, and some fail. The problem is when you're first admitted to NUR 101, some of the people that withdrew/failed NUR 101 are trying to get back into the program...so the actual number that they're accepting is lower
Good luck to everybody! I'm wondering if you know of anyone who received any ineligible letters...
- Mar 23 by ORnurseCTNAM2bRN,
It should change to 96 students before you register, I'm sure it just wasn't changed from the current system. Gateway will no longer have students in NUR 101 start in the spring, all students accepted this year will start at the same time (fall). [/COLOR]
- Mar 24 by NAM2bRNNurseWannabe86 & StudentnurseCT: Thank you for the replies. Wow I didn't know Gateway was only doing a Fall Semester, because the Application said 2013-2014. This Spring 2013 semester must be the last that they are having because I know that there is a Nurs 101 Spring class going on now. When looking at the Course search I know the first three days & times listed are for the lecture & clinical times, but what are all the other days & times listed? These programs are very competitive. I am so nervous but I remain positive.
- Mar 24 by july06It says 2013-2014 on the application because all the colleges use the same application and Norwalk still gives you a choice.
- Mar 25 by toonsisDoes anyone know if they will put our nursing gpas any where. I have mine figured out, but I get nervous because I have taken so many classes, and the people doing it are only human.
I may be neurotic but I desperately need to get in this year. Good luck to everyone.
- Apr 2 by toonsisWhat happens if all the micro classes are filled for the fall? I can't register for Summer as I don't have the money yet.
- Apr 2 by JaRoJoCTtoonsis: Just keep trying. Check every day, several times a day....someone always drops the class. I had to do that or AP I and II and for Microbiology! I literally stalked the 'search for courses' page. As soon as I saw a seat open up...I made a note of the course number...signed into mycommnet....and immediately enter the course number...and got the seat! I know it seems like a longshot...but it works! Good luck! And keep checking.
- Apr 2 by jan286So, they took down the link to check the status of our documents! One more step closer!!!!!