Bridgeport Hospital School of Nursing anyone??
- 0May 29, '06 by Melcia060Hi,
Just wondering if anyone out there is starting at BHSN this fall?? If so, are you signing the contract w/ Bridgeport Hosp? Thanks, Melanie
- 6,464 Visits
- 0May 17, '07 by mdc58Dear Melcia,
I want to go to BHSON, but am still trying to decide between bridgeport and gateway in New Haven. Can you tell me why you choose bridgeport; what do you know about the program. If I go, and I am leaning that way because I understand that their clinical instruction is superior, I will probably sign the contract.
- 0May 18, '07 by blkdbzMelcia,
Hi, I'm starting Bridgeport in the Fall. The majority of the past years they have been offering it, but I had been told that this year they are not offering the contract for the first year, but they will in my second year. They will reimburse me for the first year if I sign in the second year.
Their reasoning was they have so many that do not even make it through the first year so it would be advantagous for them to wait until the second year.
As far is if I will sign it.....I am considering it immensely. My problem is I live in Meriden and it is a 45 minute ride....I don't know if I want to drive that far to work....It'll be bad enough driving there for class.
Are you starting in the Fall? I can not wait to get started.
mdc58.....I am choosing BHSN because it was the only school I applied too. They told me it is different then most programs because of having the hospital enviroment....You are in the hospital the very first week. They said you have lab then the next day a clinical setting on what you learned in lab. Other than that I really do not know much at all.....I wish they'd give us some info!
- 0May 22, '07 by Leeann337Quote from blkdbzhi,
han2009 and leeann337 - i am hoping for days too. hope we get some info soon.
i called them on friday; they said they would be sending out a preliminary letter outlining some of the tasks that need to be completed prior to orientation on monday (yesterday) but that the full packet of orientation material wasn't ready yet!! argghh...i'm so anxious.
- 0May 23, '07 by Melcia060I started BHSN last Septemeber and I'm in the summer program right now so I'll be graduating in Decemeber. They offered us the contracts the first couple weeks of school...a lot of people signed it, I didn't. I did hear that they were waiting to offer it until 2nd yr due to the amount of students that fail out each year. The orientation is pretty good-you get to order all your uniforms and they give you a packet of information that should be helpful. You are in the hospital working on clinical the 3td day...1st day was theory (lecture), 2nd day was practical (lab) and 3td day we were on our clinical units. Good luck, enjoy 101 and 102 while you can!!