Anyone selected off the waitlist?
- 0May 12, '09 by mattfd37Just wondering if anyone has or know of anyone that has been chosen off the waitlist for BHSN or any of the CTCC.
- 0May 14, '09 by jrinctI'm curious to hear about the community colleges, too. Those of us who were accepted into the Jan '10 class at one of them were notified that openings have become available for the fall -- we were told to notify the school by May 8 if we were interested in switching to the fall. They were going to make a decision after that (I don't know how), but I haven't heard anything else since then.
- 0Sep 5, '09 by cool12Quote from mattfd37I came off about two months ago and I had a choice of NCC which was not one of my three and Gateway which was #3. I chose Gateway because of the same problem, NCC is too far for me. Its a good program and will be worth the drive for you.
You think the driving shouldnt be bad? I will be coming from Meriden.I have been very nervous about the driving having in mind all nursing responsibilities. Are u starting in the fall 09 or spring 2010.
One thing I have realized too was that it seems the grading policy are different in each school for nursing courses. is that right for the community colleges?
- 0Sep 5, '09 by mattfd37I live in Southington and NCC was too far vs Gateway. If i were only offered NCC I would of taken it. Yes it might be a pain driving that far but look at what is at the end of the tunnel. I start Jan 10'. I'm not sure about grading but I could see all of them being different.
- 0Sep 6, '09 by cool12Quote from mattfd37I live in Southington and NCC was too far vs Gateway. If i were only offered NCC I would of taken it. Yes it might be a pain driving that far but look at what is at the end of the tunnel. I start Jan 10'. I'm not sure about grading but I could see all of them being different.
Wow u live in Southington, nice town. I work in plainsville and always take routh 10 (queens street) every morning on my way to work. Southington queens street has alot of small businesses. That means your driving to NCC will be like an hour like me one way? My Only plight about going to NCC is routh 95 can be busy sometime. I am going for it though and I will just hang in there! I am sure other people are in my shoe and I hear u can tranfser to any of the other 5 community colleges u like after one semester.
and I know that apart from clinical day I have to drive there a day before or so to get my assignment.
- 0Sep 6, '09 by cool12yes I always taked 15 to 91 to 95. now am thinking if i can take the local rd from 91 to norwalk in order to beat 95 traffic. that is what i will try next time am travelling down there just to give me the opportunity to calculate the travelling time through the local rd.
Thanks though for the positive support.