Pediatric Home Care Agency DenverRegister Today!
This is a discussion on Pediatric Home Care Agency Denver in Colorado Nursing, part of United States Nursing ... I am an underemployed teacher currently working as a teacher's aide, and also as a geriatric CNA. I...by ColoradoCNA Feb 14, '12I am an underemployed teacher currently working as a teacher's aide, and also as a geriatric CNA. I have quite a bit of experience as a geriatric CNA, and elderly residents can be so interesting in their own way, but I would like to utilize my experience in both areas to work with the pediatric population that has severe physical and cognitive disabilities.
I have applied with Children's Hospital, and haven't had much luck (they require hospital experience). Is anyone aware of a home health agency in Denver that would serve a younger population? Would a nursing agency serving kiddos even need CNA's? From my experience in schools, many of these kiddos need various feeding tubes and other more advanced care, which I obviously can't do as a CNA.
Print and share with friends and family.
Compliments of allnurses.com.
http://allnurses.com/showthread.php?t=674110©2013 allnurses.com INC. All Rights Reserved.
- 1,942 Views
- Feb 16, '12 by ClearBlueOctoberSkyTry Pediatric Services of America Pediatric Home Healthcare | PSA Healthcare. You can also try Professional Pediatric Homecare http://www.pediatrichomecare.com. I don't know if they hire CNAs, however it might be worth a try.
Also try Visiting Nurses. I don't know how often they have kids, but it would get you in the door for home health experience. The website is Visiting Nurse Association of Colorado > Home.
Also you might want to try Denver Hospice Denver Hospice and Porter Hospice A Leading Denver Hospital | Porter Adventist Hospital (which has the Butterfly Program-a hospice program specifically for children.)
Those are the major programs around that I know of. There are, of course, many, many others. It will just take some leg work and willingness on your part.
- Feb 17, '12 by kloneI don't think Denver Hospice does Peds.
- Feb 18, '12 by ClearBlueOctoberSkyQuote from kloneYeah, I wasn't sure about them.I don't think Denver Hospice does Peds.
- Oct 16, '12 by thittThe Denver Hospice does see pediatric children, and we have for the ten years that I have worked there. We are always looking for staff that has peds experience.
- Feb 16 by nursecoggsPSA doesn't hire CNA's.