Need help with University of Colorado Denver nursing essay - Page 2Register Today!
- Sep 2, '11 by LyndxI applied for accelerated and was given traditional. I'm so glad though! I think it ended up being the right choice for me.
Good luck with your application!! What start date are you applying for? And when should you know if you're accepted??
- Sep 2, '11 by jojo89Thank you!! I am applying to the traditional one bc I haven't graduated yet. The start date for the traditional is in summer and I should know by November if I got accepted!
- Sep 2, '11 by lkk0718My pre-reqs GPA was 4.0. I applied to the accelerated but got into the traditional which will be better for me in the long run. Good Luck!!!
- Hi! For those who said they got into CU with a low gpa- can I ask what those gpas were? Cumulative and pre-reqs.
I am applying for summer 2013 and I have the classic "i just didnt try hard my freshman year". I have a 3.4 cumulative and only a 3.11 for my pre reqs :/ any adivce or anyone else that has gotten in with those kinds of grades?
Thank you so much and congrats to all who have gotten into the program!
- May 13, '12 by jojo89Hi Allison,
My cumulative gpa was 3.25 and I think my prereq was a 3.7.
I applied once in the summer and didn't get in, I reapplied in the fall and got in for the summer start program. I think that the essay is really important so I would spend alot of time on it! Good luck!
- Thank you! Do you know anyone who has had a pre req gpa around the same as mine?
I really want to get into the program and am worried that even if my essay is good that I wont get it :/
- Hi lkk0718,
do mind if I ask what your Prereq gpa was?
- May 14, '12 by jojo89I don't know many people in the program but i think most people with low gpas have a pretty high prereq but low cumulative
- May 15, '12 by lkk0718My prereq GPA was 4.0. My previous bachelor's was 2.87. I know that they look heavily at your pre-req GPA. I'm finishing up my first semester at CU. I'm taking pathophysiology, pharmacology, and nursing fundamentals. Patho and pham reference A&P, Micro, and Chem a lot. They throw a lot of material at you to learn each class and keeping up with it is a challenge.
- Jan 7 by lolads85I know this is an old thread but I thought I'd post anyway to see if anyone replies!
I am applying for the accelerated January 2014 start. I have a 3.8 gpa in my science pre reqs but got a C+ in statistics, ugh!
Does anyone know if schools in Colorado focus on stats? Debating taking it again but nearly ceremoniously burned my book after I took my 27 (yes 27) page final exam!