Metropolitan State Denver ANO 2012 applicants - page 2
Hello there, Just creating a thread to see if anyone who has applied to the ANO program wants to talk about it. I've looked around and haven't found much on it but was wondering if anyone wanted to share what they've learned.... Read More
- 0Nov 18, '12 by parksmjHi there!,
I wanted to congratulate you both on your acceptance to Metro! I was recently accepted, too, and can't wait to start! I'm glad there has been some information posted about Metro's NLN status. I attended an information session a while back, and it sounded like they were taking the necessary steps to fix it. Thank goodness! I attended a prerequisite class at Metro, and was very impressed. Metro just seems like the proper fit (of course, this is true after being rejected by CU). Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone in January!
- 0Nov 20, '12 by carlyt1Quote from parksmjHi Mike!Congratulations to you as well! It definitely sounds like everything is going to be fine! I'm really excited to start as well despite the laundry list of things to do before hand. Are you in Denver/Colorado as well? Perhaps it would be good for us to make a Facebook group to get to know each other before the program starts?Hi there!,I wanted to congratulate you both on your acceptance to Metro! I was recently accepted, too, and can't wait to start! I'm glad there has been some information posted about Metro's NLN status. I attended an information session a while back, and it sounded like they were taking the necessary steps to fix it. Thank goodness! I attended a prerequisite class at Metro, and was very impressed. Metro just seems like the proper fit (of course, this is true after being rejected by CU). Anyway, looking forward to seeing everyone in January! -Mike
- 0Nov 30, '12 by carlyt1Hi ec,
It's been a pain! I got my drug test and background test done and I'm going back to the doctors for a third time tomorrow to finish up everything I needed for immunizations.
Anticipate going and getting the flu, tetanus, and tb test and ask for blood titres if you don't already have immunization records. I also got my general checkup done that day. I had to go back to get my tb test checked on a Sunday d/t my work schedule, but you may want to ask that they perform any immunizations they find you still need the same day they check your tb test.
All I have left to do is my CPR renewal and professional insurance. I felt good until I got the hefty packet in the mail today with more to-dos! I'm curious to know what is in this mysterious "Nursing Kit" they are charging us $100+ for...
Good luck with it all! You will be fine
- 0Nov 30, '12 by mseatonHello! Excited I found this thread! I will be starting the ANO program as well in January. I like the idea of starting a facebook group for our class. My husband is in the P.A. program at UCD and when he was accepted they had already set up a group for them to communicate. They use it all the time! It is a great place for questions to help each other out with, reminders for assignments/tests, you can post study materials/study guides, and is a great way to quickly get answers for questions any of us may have throughout the program (or before it). If one hasn't been created, I don't mind doing it. For the few people who have posted in this thread, would you like me to create one? Excited to meet everyone in January!
- 0Nov 30, '12 by parksmjI think it would be great to start a Facebook page. That way we can kind of get to know each other before class starts, and use it during the year to keep up with everything! I'm willing to get that going, if needed.Regarding the immunization stuff, I'm kinda lucky because my employer provides all the necessary immunizations and titers. The one thing I would suggest, if you're like me and can't find your original shot records, go to your high school's county office and have them print your records. I did this, and it was completely free! I uploaded the screen shot they gave me and both Certified Profile and MSU accepted it. There is also a Tdap booster available. Ask your doctor to see if you can get that instead of the series.I don't know about you all, but I can't wait!! I was wondering if anyone has completed their financial aid information, or has any clue how to pay for this program!-Mike
- 0Nov 30, '12 by mseatonHey Mike, thanks for the quick response! I tried to start a group but I have to be able to invite at least one facebook friend to start it. Would you mind finding and adding me that way I can "invite" you and we can at least have something on facebook for people to search for (I had already searched hoping to find a group already ), and then during orientation we can let anyone else know about it! Pretty sure I am the only Meredith Seaton who lives in Denver so should be easy to find on fb.. so anyone else who sees this and wants to be in the group/is starting the ANO program in January just "friend" me with a message saying you're in the program as well, and I can add you to the group!
For my immunizations I just took my sheet in from our certified profile account and got titers for all of them at one doctor. I wasn't sure when my last tetanus was, and didn't want to call around to find out so I just got it (no harm in getting it again per my Dr.).
I will be starting the FASFA this weekend... not looking forward to it. If I find out anything I will let you know. I do know that Wells Fargo offers student loans, but I don't know what kind of interest rates they offer or how much in loans. I will be meeting with someone there soon to find all that out.
- 0Nov 30, '12 by parksmjHi Meredith!
Thanks for volunteering to start up the Facebook page. I'd be happy to friend you, but I want to make sure I'm friend-ing (haha, gotta love FB language) the right person. Are you an a Aggie? If you'd like to look me up, I'm the only Mike Parks in Denver. My picture is waayy fuzzy, but I'm standing by a barbell, and I went to Millsaps College.
- 0Dec 1, '12 by mseatonSo for everyone else who has posted on this thread who is starting in the Jan. 2013 cohort... if you search for Metro State ANO/BSN 2013-2014 on facebook hopefully that group shows up in a search feed and you can ask to join it, and that way we can communicate easier! If not just find me on facebook (info above) and I can add you to the group!