I know nothing about Colorado... - Page 2Register Today!
- Jun 1, '12 by bremonI'm glad I found this thread. I am looking for information about Swedish Medical Center in Denver. I see it is a Level I trauma center, and they seem to have a good cardiac focus as well. Does anyone have any information/insight about their experience with this employer?
- Jun 6, '12 by ArgoI live and work in vail. For the couple of interested people on this thread feel free to pm me about info on the hospital and living here. Ive been up here about a year now. Love it. I could snowboard every day before work last winter and walk to work in my boarding clothes about 3 min from the gondola in lions head.
- Aug 31, '12 by juno49argo- got a couple questions but can't pm yet. I'm an ICU RN wanting to move back to the Vail Valley. Is VVMC the type of place that would train someone for the OR if they wanted to switch RN specialties - say PACU or ICU (if I get a job at VVMC) to the OR? Also, can seasonal work turn into full time employment?Last edit by juno49 on Aug 31, '12 : Reason: spelling
- Oct 29, '12 by heartloverPorter Adventist in Denver is a Centura hospital that offers a "peri-op 101" course to train nurses to become OR nurses. Most applicants have at least one year of previous nursing experience in another area of nursing. I don't know when they post the class or if it is up year round but it is under normal job listings on the Centura.org site.
- Aug 16 by freshairfundArgo how do you afford to live there? I am coming from a big city where I do not have a car. Will I need to get a car there? I am worried about finding a permanent affordable place to live. I just feel with rent, a car, car insurance, and my mega monthly student loan payment I will not be able to make ends meet. What is your feedback on that?
- Aug 17 by SummitRNLiving in the mountains is all about quality of environment while sacrificing niceties because you accept a high cost of living without a proportional increase in earnings. While free, the Vail public transit system kind of sucks if you want to go shopping or to the post office or do somewhere outside of Vail... having a car is pretty important in a community economically built around serving tourists and the wealthy.