How long does cna license take to come from gov.Register Today!
- by danny8823 Apr 29, '10I passed my cna course in California thru redcross at march 12 2010
and i got a callback from a nursing home saying they need to get my license/expiration number to complete my employment process.
I was wondering how long it takes for CDPH to mail me my certificate.
Thx for all the help
- Apr 30, '10 by CoffeemateCNAThis is a really busy time of year for the state because all of the Health Occupation students at the vocational schools are taking the exam. They get really backed up.
I was hired and began working before I had received my "official" certificate. When I tested, I was given a copy of my score sheet which acted as a temporary certificate for seeking employment.
I got my official certificate about 2 months after I tested. There are posters on here that had to wait a year or more for it.
The process may vary in CA.
- buuuut the place that are hiring me needed my license number even though i showed them my temporaries.
- Apr 30, '10 by CoffeemateCNAIn that case, you may just have to wait until the certificate comes.
Did you apply at a nursing home or hospital?
Nursing homes may be able to hire you as a NA right now. Then, when your certificate arrives, you can be "promoted" to CNA.
- nurinsg home
- Apr 30, '10 by Nurse2bKimberlyI had this problem too. Maryland provides all new CNAs,LPNs,RNs with a 90 day temporary license #, but it seemed like no1 wanted to hire me until I had my permanent # from the board! That took like 2 months to come through
- government is so sloooow