Frontier Nursing University Bridge Class 111 - Page 6Register Today!
- Jan 12 by PatchouliQuick question for you Frontier students. I'm a little confused on the required math for this school. It's not covered anywhere on their website. With an ADN, college level algebra was not needed. Would this need to be obtained before applying, or is it not necessary with their program?
- Jan 12 by queenanneslaceIt's a little clutzy - but most of the questions about FNU can be answered by downloading their catalog.
Catalog | Frontier Nursing University
Download and print off a copy ... then you'll have it for reference. Not everything in the catalog is on the website.
The only math requirement that I see is the statistics course within 10 years of applying.
If doing the ADN-Master's completion, then the statistics course is part of the bridge.
- Jan 12 by djmatteQuote from PatchouliHard to gauge math requirements as most schools require different things from their nurses. I would call their registrar and find out. Better than wasting 100 bucks on applying when theres a risk they will look over your transcripts and potentially not let you in. I had college algebra...but it may not be necessary. A friend even told me the FNU stats class is geared more toward nursing than being a traditional stats class. So it should be a bit better for us.Quick question for you Frontier students. I'm a little confused on the required math for this school. It's not covered anywhere on their website. With an ADN, college level algebra was not needed. Would this need to be obtained before applying, or is it not necessary with their program?
- Jan 13 by CarolAnnVanI think its a great idea - I have done this before with yahoo groups - count me in! Ist a great way to share with each other, and since we cant meet at Starbucks in person to make a study group... What options are there for all meeting up via skype or another video chat? (*** Disclaimer - I am most prob the oldest of the group, so it wont be pretty... LOL)!
- Jan 13 by djmatteHey there Carol. I'd suggest a google plus hangout. If you have a gmail account, you can creat a google plus account that is kind of like a facebook page. Withing google+, you can create chat environments that support both written text as well as video. There is a max of 10 people in a hangout. But it would be useful because you can set one up for your online groups, or if there's people who want to study together. My gmail account is email@example.com If anyone would like to add me to their G+ account, I would be ok with it!
- Jan 14 by CarolAnnVanWill do - havent used this feature on google yet. Will e-mail you though if I have questions!
- Feb 20 by MamaMakerHey everyone! I'm a RN with about 1 year of experience in med/surg. I'm thinking about applying to Frontier's CNM program (after doing the bridge part). How are you ladies enjoying it? Do any of you have small children? How is it balancing family and the program? Thanks in advance!
- Feb 20 by frylockholmesWe haven't actually started yet... We go to orientation on Monday the 25th! I'd probably check some other forums(like with earlier class numbers) and see what they have to say. We have just as many questions as you do! I will say, though, to do what's in your heart and follow your dreams! Have a nice day!
(sorry, I've got a coffee high, lol)